The Student Room Group

Girls only!!!Help her become my friend again.

So I met this girl at uni. We become really close friends recently. And that what I wanted and I felt happy to be her friend. She was always asking me to meet her up and stuff. And I really miss her
However it turned sour, I made a joke about her friend having feelings for her. She took this to heart and Is clearly angry, even if I have apologized many times.

Girls please help me become friends with her, how can I make it up to her.
She won't speak to me, for example when I try to text her, she will reply with blunt responses to avoid continuing the convo.

There is a short uni event going in today, should I go and see if she is there?
If she is alone should I go and talk to her?
Or should I give her some time over the holidays?
Reply 1
Original post by MAINE.
Just came in to say in response to the "Girls only!!" part of the title, NEVER EVER take relationship advice from women, especially if you are a guy.

Despite their constant preoccupation with them, women dont know chit about successful relationships. Why do you think there's an 'Ask Men' but not an 'Ask Women'?

Okay right. Just out girls only because boys tend to say ssilly things like giver her the D
Not in a relationship with her, just friends.
But so you have any advice my friend on how I can make it up to her?
You've lost your one and only chance with her. End of.
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
You've lost your one and only chance with her. End of.

I only want to be friends with her..
Nothing else
Reply 4
You've apologised. All you can do now is just leave it and give her some space.

She knows where you are if she wants to talk to you.
Original post by freedom
Nothing else

Thinking trap.
Know that the main rule of thumb regarding friendship is that you can never demand one.
Also know how easy it is to lose the trust of others with a single mistake. Say sorry as many times as you want but at the end of the day, she no longer trusts you because you upset her. Move on.
Reply 6
Original post by freedom
Nothing else

Why do you want to be friends with her? If she took a joke so seriously she isn't speaking to you, clearly she's a really awful friend?
Original post by freedom
So I met this girl at uni. We become really close friends recently. And that what I wanted and I felt happy to be her friend. She was always asking me to meet her up and stuff. And I really miss her
However it turned sour, I made a joke about her friend having feelings for her. She took this to heart and Is clearly angry, even if I have apologized many times.

Girls please help me become friends with her, how can I make it up to her.
She won't speak to me, for example when I try to text her, she will reply with blunt responses to avoid continuing the convo.

There is a short uni event going in today, should I go and see if she is there?
If she is alone should I go and talk to her?
Or should I give her some time over the holidays?

If i were you i would give it some time before talking to her again. I think that is for the best.
Giving her space will do the trick.
Reply 9
Original post by amylouisenic
You've apologised. All you can do now is just leave it and give her some space.

She knows where you are if she wants to talk to you.

Tbh when I said sorry, it wasn't really genuine as I did not know what I did wrong.
But thinking now I know why she did get offended I hurt her honor and stuff.
If I explain this would it be okay.

Also when I do say sorry, she gets angry and says she does not want to get reminded.

Yes I agree, space is important. Should I give her a text during the holidays?
Original post by freedom
Tbh when I said sorry, it wasn't really genuine as I did not know what I did wrong.
But thinking now I know why she did get offended I hurt her honor and stuff.
If I explain this would it be okay.

Also when I do say sorry, she gets angry and says she does not want to get reminded.

Yes I agree, space is important. Should I give her a text during the holidays?

You hurt her honour?? No, she probably just doesn't want to think that one of friends likes her, as that puts her in an awkward position. I've had guys say 'oh you're friends with a guy, he must like you'..'friendzone' etc etc

and it's irritating. Doesn't necessarily anger me, but it's annoying. And no, don't explain it. Because then she'll know you've apologised without sincerity. Which is even worse.

No just leave it, unless she celebrates Christmas, then just a simple 'merry Christmas, have a good day' or even a happy new year text will suffice. Don't attempt to start a conversation with her, it will just annoy her.
Reply 11
Original post by amylouisenic
You hurt her honour?? No, she probably just doesn't want to think that one of friends likes her, as that puts her in an awkward position. I've had guys say 'oh you're friends with a guy, he must like you'..'friendzone' etc etc

and it's irritating. Doesn't necessarily anger me, but it's annoying. And no, don't explain it. Because then she'll know you've apologised without sincerity. Which is even worse.

No just leave it, unless she celebrates Christmas, then just a simple 'merry Christmas, have a good day' or even a happy new year text will suffice. Don't attempt to start a conversation with her, it will just annoy her.

I don't like her, she knows that I like someone else.
And I have made it clear that I don't like her when we used to go out.

Okay will give her some space.
Original post by freedom
I don't like her, she knows that I like someone else.
And I have made it clear that I don't like her when we used to go out.

Okay will give her some space.

I didn't say you liked her. You joked that one of her friends liked her?
Reply 13
Try sending her pictures of your penis. How could that possibly make anything worse!
well, id suggest just not bothering for a while, if you've apologised thats all you can do!
Original post by bridalchain
well, id suggest just not bothering for a while, if you've apologised thats all you can do!

Thread is 6 and a half years old... does that count as a while?
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Thread is 6 and a half years old... does that count as a while?

PFFT I didnt even realise the date lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending