The Student Room Group

Breast Reductions?

I know there have been threads about this before, and I'm very sorry.

I was just wondering if anybody had had one before - or if you know anybody who has had one, and if so, how you found it? Did you have it privatly or on the NHS?

Before I get the regular comments,
I'm 17 years old, and I don't want one now - but I'd like to keep my options open and never say never.

Losing weight won't help, even when I was 32kg, I still had DD breasts.
Plus - I've got a 30 back already, so I don't know if losing weight will help anyhow.

Why do I want one? Because My back constantly hurts, I'm tired of having to pay £40 for one bra - and even then, only from one shop. I want to be able to do aerobic sport - I currently can't, because nowhere does a sports bra in my size (including on the internet and Bravissimo) and if I wear a regular bra, my boobs just hurt too much.

And I'm also just so tired of not being able to find tops that fit both my waist, and my boobs.

Gr.

So yes, any constructive comments?

Scroll to see replies

If you see the doctor and they can see that its giving you back problems then you could have one done on the NHS. I know someone who had that. Obviously if you had a dodgy knee that was causing you problems then the NHS would treat it, the same goes for a breast reduction. :smile:
im worried about the same thing. ive been steadily losing weight over the last year and *none* of it has come off my boobs. im scared that if i lose more then i will go down to a 30G :eek:
La Senza sell sports bras in 30DD-F/G you might want to take a look. :smile: I'm the same size as you. I get all my pretty bras from Ann Summers. Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 4
somethingquitewonderful
La Senza sell sports bras in 30DD-F/G you might want to take a look. :smile:

Mmm, thanks for that - but I'm bigger than that. But thanks anyhow.
x x
Reply 5
Definitely go and see your doctor, if its already causing you back trouble imagine what itll be like in twenty years time.

While you're there, see if a couple of your cup sizes can be added on to me! :biggrin:
Reply 6
As said, if it's hurting you, go see a doctor.

Don't suppose you could show us a picture? :biggrin:

...just kidding.
Reply 7
My friend was very similar to you - I have PM'ed you.
Reply 8
I know somebody who had one before, the thing was though, when she became pregnant her breasts went back to how they were, shes lost all the extra weight but her breasts are just the same as before..
Reply 9
I had a reduction 4 weeks ago. I went private (there is like a 0.00001% chance of you getting it on the NHS, try it but don't get ur hopes up) and went with Transform Cosmetic Group. I've heard that Harley are quite good as well, but so far I've been unable to find any fault with Transform.

I lost 3KG in total and my confidence and self esteem have shot through the roof. Completely recommend it for anyone that needs it.

If you have any questions, PM me. I know I would've found it helpful if I'd had someone to talk to that had had it done recently.

Maag101x
Reply 10
i went for a consultation to take my 34Fs to a D and got the go ahead from my doctor because it was causing me back pain, however i've decided to wait until im 20 to get it done. go for it and seriously, dont take no for an answer because they say it too easily. if one doctor says no, make an appointment with another. One is bound to take you seriously - after all its not like you want an enlargement to "look more attractive" - you want a reduction because you are in physical pain. good luck! xXx
yeah actually im sure its possible for them just to grow back again, its not guaranteed as a permanent measure.
Reply 12
It waqs never one of the risks I was told about. They only grow back if you put on weight.
Reply 13
maag101
It waqs never one of the risks I was told about. They only grow back if you put on weight.

What other risks were you told about? x x
you can lose a nipple : /
But thats only a small risk.
beach surf babe
But thats only a small risk.

yes but if it happened it would be really awful
Reply 17
Eek! thank you everybody. I don't want one right now, but it's really useful to have this info.

Thanks everybody :smile:x
I thought DD cups were common. So I would've thought you'd have no trouble getting right sized bras.
matt@internet
I thought DD cups were common. So I would've thought you'd have no trouble getting right sized bras.

getting DDs is easy. any bigger than that is hard. im not entirely sure why because its not like its *that* uncommon.

ooh and go to asda girls, they some really pretty ones in DD+ and if your lucky then they can be well stocked. last time i went tho they only had sizes 40+ which is annoying since im a 32 (and shrinking) but the time before they had loads of stuff in my size.

Latest

Trending

Trending