The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton

Got a question? We're here to help

Hi everyone,

We're the official representatives for the University of Northampton. We're here to help answer any questions you may have about university life; whether that be personal statements, the application process, clearing, accommodation or student life in general.

There are three of us looking after this account - Michelle (that's me!), Laura and Kilian. Between us we'll be on hand to guide you through the process, making it as easy for you as possible.

Feel free to post below and we'll get back to you.

Michelle

Scroll to see replies

Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Northampton
Reply 2
Original post by The University of Northampton
Hi everyone,

We're the official representatives for the University of Northampton. We're here to help answer any questions you may have about university life; whether that be personal statements, the application process, clearing, accommodation or student life in general.

There are three of us looking after this account - Michelle (that's me!), Laura and Kilian. Between us we'll be on hand to guide you through the process, making it as easy for you as possible.

Feel free to post below and we'll get back to you.

Michelle

Hey,

My name is Tayyaba Husain I have currently applied to University of Northampton to study Midwifery and had an interview on the 16th of December. At the moment I am just waiting to hear back from them as they informed me at the interview I would hear in January whether I have received an offer. Hopefully it's good news! If I do get an offer I am planning on moving to Northampton when would you advise me to start sorting out accommodation if I do receive an offer?

I hope that makes sense :smile: Thanks for your time.

T x
Original post by Thusain1
Hey,

My name is Tayyaba Husain I have currently applied to University of Northampton to study Midwifery and had an interview on the 16th of December. At the moment I am just waiting to hear back from them as they informed me at the interview I would hear in January whether I have received an offer. Hopefully it's good news! If I do get an offer I am planning on moving to Northampton when would you advise me to start sorting out accommodation if I do receive an offer?

I hope that makes sense :smile: Thanks for your time.

T x

Hi Tayyaba

Providing you have put us as your firm choice and are looking for on-campus accommodation, applications normally open in April/May. At this point you will receive an email giving you all the details on how to apply. If you are looking for private accommodation you can start when you are ready.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Michelle
Reply 4
Hi Tayyaba

Providing you have put us as your firm choice and are looking for on-campus accommodation, applications normally open in April/May. At this point you will receive an email giving you all the details on how to apply. If you are looking for private accommodation you can start when you are ready.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Michelle

Thank you :smile: If I do get an offer and have more questions in the future I will come and ask them in the mean time as I have not received a reply from Northampton I do not have any further questions.
Thanks a lot :smile:

Tay x
Reply 5
Hi I'm looking for some great student pictures of University of Northampton campus and accommodation - can you help me out?

Rachel (for TSR)
Reply 6
Hi i was wondering if you knew when the accommidation opens for students starting in september of 2015 :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi Bruce1997,

If you have been offered a place on one of our courses then you will be emailed at the beginning of March with a link and more information on how to apply. So keep a look out!

Laura :smile:
Reply 8
Reply 9
Hi Bruce1997,

If you have been offered a place on one of our courses then you will be emailed at the beginning of March with a link and more information on how to apply. So keep a look out!

Hey,
I have been put on a reserve list for a course for Northampton and I could hear just before the course starts for Northampton in September, if this is the case will I able to apply for accommodation or is there a deadline to apply for it?

T :smile: x
Original post by Thusain1
Hey,
I have been put on a reserve list for a course for Northampton and I could hear just before the course starts for Northampton in September, if this is the case will I able to apply for accommodation or is there a deadline to apply for it?

T :smile: x

There isn't a deadline as such for accommodation but obviously the later you apply then you may not be guaranteed your first choice but there should be rooms available.

Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks a lot :smile: Fingers crossed I really like Northampton and I'm hoping to get a place and move :smile:

Tay :smile:
Hi, do you know how many taught hours/contact hours I'll have a week for my BA sociology course?

Original post by Ashkelly95
Hi, do you know how many taught hours/contact hours I'll have a week for my BA sociology course?

Hi Ashley,

It will depend on the modules you choose but it normally should be around 12 contact hours per week.

Hi I'm currently stuck for what university to choose. I've received offers from two unis including Northampton for a BA Hons policing course. In regards to student life, what is it like on park campus? With it being 20 minutes away from city centre, unlike my other choice which is a city centre campus. From a students point of view does it at all feel like your secluded from the city? And in terms of nightlife is it common to go city centre as opposed to the SU?
Hi Luke,

There is a nightclub on Park campus as well as a bar and a Pavilion that are always hosting events such as celebrity appearances, comedy nights, club nights, society events,

There are also plenty of student night clubs in town and students frequently start at the SU and head into town later on in the evening,

A taxi would cost £6 on average from Park SU but obviously you can spread this cost between 4-6 people,

Taxis are very accessible 24 hours,

Any more questions do not hesitate to ask,

Kilian
Original post by RachelTSR
Hi I'm looking for some great student pictures of University of Northampton campus and accommodation - can you help me out?

Rachel (for TSR)

Hi Rachel

If you're looking for some great pictures visit out website:

http://starttheconversation.co.uk/accommodation/

This should give you what you need.

Michelle
Hello,

My Name is harmeek and i didnt do so well in my 2nd year, in fact its looking very unlikely that im going into 3rd year. i would need to resit my 2nd year but wouldnt mind moving onto a different course within the uni.

i would need some assistance asap

Reply 18
Hi, i am a student starting History at Northampton Sep 2015, could you please tell me when my course starts?:smile:
I have an offer for the fashion marketing with foundation year course and was wondering which campus would be better to find halls in park or avenue! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending