The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would personaly stick by them, not sure how expensive is to adopt but it is always an option.
Reply 2
If we were still only boyfriend/girlfriend then I'd leave them. I really, really want my own kids some day.
Reply 3
stay with them and consider adoption if the relationship gets more serious
it would be rather heartless to leave them. there again i dont want kids anyway so its wouldnt be an issue
Reply 5
Don't know what I would do. I really, really want kids of my own, and that would be a huge sacrifice. I really can't tell what I would do.
Stand by them all the way! There are alternatives, but it would probably break their heart if you left them (finding out you cant have children is one thing, but having your partner leave you because of it would just be too much).
Reply 7
I cant have children and my fiancee has stuck by me. I could have IVF and try that way but I wouldnt be able to carry to term so I decided a long time ago that I wouldnt go through IVF.
I don't really want kids anyway - well it's not that I don't want them, if my girlfriend/wife fell pregnant then a child would be a brilliant thing, but I'd be just as happy if I didn't have them.

So I'd stick by them.
Reply 9
Stand by them.
I'd stick by them.

Me and my partner both hate kids and don't want children so if one of us was unabe it would make the sex easier (no need to worry about protection)
I would stand by my partner. I really want my own kids, and I want my bf's and my kids together. But I would rather raise a child who biologically wasn't ours than raise a child with any other person.
If you couldn't have kids, you'd have to tell your partner as soon as the relationship became serious, you could be deceitful and not tell them - therefore making them think it just wasn't happening but that wouldn't be very nice.

However, if you knew you couldn't have kids you would be prepared for your partner to do a runner once they found out, unless they didn't want kids - or unless they did, but it was no biggie if they didn't.
I'd totally stand by them. Leaving them just wouldn't be an option. Like squigaletta said, I'd rather bring a kid up that wasn't biologically ours together than have a kid with another bloke.
Reply 14
emmathe37th
I'd totally stand by them. Leaving them just wouldn't be an option. Like squigaletta said, I'd rather bring a kid up that wasn't biologically ours together than have a kid with another bloke.

Amen to that.
Reply 15
Children aren't your children just because you happened to give birth to them. Childre nare your children because you love, care and provide for them. They are your children because you make sacrafices to give them the best possible start in the world. Biological links are not needed for that, and so are not needed for them to be your child.

There are so many children in care, or in an abusive household, who would give anything to be taken into a home by loving people. That is surely far more important than the continuation of a gene line?
I’d cry and cry and cry-but….that’s just me
thats be a horrible thing to leave them over but then i reaallly do not want kids of my own (...i'd consider adopting though)
Stand by them and try insementaion by donor, and bring the kid up as theirs.
Possibly slightly deceitful to the kid, I don't know, but to me that seems the best possible option.
Otherwise, adopt, I guess.
Reply 19
I can imagine being somewhat crestfallen, but I couldn't leave her.

Latest

Trending

Trending