The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Central Saint Martins foundation in Art and Design 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anna_Vi
Hi everybody! anyone else applied to csm foundation starting the next year?:smile:

Hi, I have applied for the 3D and Architecture pathway and have a portfolio review end of Feb. :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 81
when is the deadline of gal's foundation course? do you think i can still send them application after the deadline?
So, some days ago I got an invitation for a portfolio review, but since I live outside the UK, (an EU student), I expected that shall send them a link to my work, but they didn't mention any link, only about leaving my works in the morning and collecting in the afternoon.
Should I contact them about the link, or whether I have to come to UK for a review?
Anyone in the situation like mine?:smile:
Original post by gabriele_
So, some days ago I got an invitation for a portfolio review, but since I live outside the UK, (an EU student), I expected that shall send them a link to my work, but they didn't mention any link, only about leaving my works in the morning and collecting in the afternoon.
Should I contact them about the link, or whether I have to come to UK for a review?
Anyone in the situation like mine?:smile:

The same situation! But they wrote me only about online portfolio like flickr account and nothing about portfolio review. But I replied them that I am able to visit London with my portfolio and they gave me a date the 27 of February. I think that you should contact them! It's ok
Original post by Victoriaarty6
The same situation! But they wrote me only about online portfolio like flickr account and nothing about portfolio review. But I replied them that I am able to visit London with my portfolio and they gave me a date the 27 of February. I think that you should contact them! It's ok

Great! Well, on the page it's written that the deadline for online portfolios is Feb 21, but my review is given later. I don't know how to ask that properly, I don't want to sound too stupid :biggrin:

Also, are there any general examples of csm portfolios, how they put everything? I just realised that I might have to include my research too, but there is soooo many... They won't have that much time :biggrin:
Just got an offer for Diagnostics pathway!! So happy. :biggrin: Initially applied for Fashion Communication pathway, but they said I have the potential for other pathways, so they recommend Diagnostics. Has anyone got their offer already??
Reply 86
Original post by cherrydaisy
Just got an offer for Diagnostics pathway!! So happy. :biggrin: Initially applied for Fashion Communication pathway, but they said I have the potential for other pathways, so they recommend Diagnostics. Has anyone got their offer already??

wow congrats!! are you an international student?
Original post by ronke_a
wow congrats!! are you an international student?

Yes I am. Hence the early offer considering the date :smile:
Reply 88
Reply 89
Hello, I'm really confused with putting together my portfolio, on an email it said A4 portfolio, but I've already got a A2 one. Also, do I include sketchbooks? Or just pages from them?
Reply 90
Original post by freak2310
Hello guys, I'm an italian student and I've applied to CSM FAD in graphic and communication about 3-4 days ago...the problem is that I sent a personal statement with more than 500 words because as you know the site isn't very clear...I sent them an email about 3 days ago and they haven't answered me yet. Do you advice me to wait for further information?
I also applied to UCA Epsom FAD in art and design with the same problem and they answered me in 1 day...I'm really getting nervous!

My personal statement was well over too! I didn't see the word count till just now and I'm freaking out!!
Reply 91
Hi everyone!!

So my portfolio review is this Wednesday and I have a problem - the advice says that you should present all of your work on white cartridge paper, however my work is presented in all different formats, on different coloured paper with different backgrounds - my presentation is a big element of my work.

anyone have any advice? do i have to redo everything or should I bring it as it is?

Original post by timmyg_
Hi everyone!!

So my portfolio review is this Wednesday and I have a problem - the advice says that you should present all of your work on white cartridge paper, however my work is presented in all different formats, on different coloured paper with different backgrounds - my presentation is a big element of my work.

anyone have any advice? do i have to redo everything or should I bring it as it is?

I wouldn't worry to much about it. Make sure a majority of your work is on white paper. But if your work is good, it is good. They will not reject you simply by what you have backed your work on.

Some of my work is stuck onto thick card.Taking it off would be impossible so I have just left it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anna_Vi
Hi everybody! anyone else applied to csm foundation starting the next year?:smile:

Hi, I have applied for the 3D and Architecture :smile:
Hi, I had my portfolio review today and I asked the guy how many spaces there were and he told me that 2100 people have applied for 275 spaces on the course. not numbers I want to hear hahah :s-smilie:
Original post by cherrydaisy

CONGRATULATIONS...When did you send your portfolio to them? I sent mine about a week and a half ago...I sent both printed portfolio and usb device in a single envelope. Finger crossed!!!!
[QUOTE="rosecheryl;53578959"]Hi, I had my portfolio review today and I asked the guy how many spaces there were and he told me that 2100 people have applied for 275 spaces on the course. not numbers I want to hear hahah :s-smilie:[/QUOTE That's a lot!!!!!!! Hope it went well for you, have you applied any where else?
Thanks, yes I've applied to uni too and also to the foundation course that my college offers. But I'd really love to do the csm foundation, everyone dropped there portfolios off at 10am and picked them up at 4.30, and I reckon there were like 100 - 130 people there today! have you applied? x
Original post by rosecheryl
Thanks, yes I've applied to uni too and also to the foundation course that my college offers. But I'd really love to do the csm foundation, everyone dropped there portfolios off at 10am and picked them up at 4.30, and I reckon there were like 100 - 130 people there today! have you applied? x

Yes I have a CSM portfolio review in 2 weeks, I've applied for the 3D and architecture and one at Oxford Brookes and I'm waiting to hear from Kingston to see if they would like to see my portfolio! All a bit scary!
Was at the portfolio review today as well, intense stuff. Shout out to group E!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending