The Student Room Group

I was watching a Harry Potter film last night and...

I remembered just how happy I was when I was reading the books for the first time as a kid :redface: . That is all.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nothing can beat re-watching/re-reading the Harry Potter films/books :smile:
Reply 2
Good. Nobody gives a ****.
I rewatched them all last year over like a couple of days - was staying with my cousins (1 older, 1 younger) so didn't seem so sad. First is my favourite :smile:
I love them I re read them all the time. Usually after exams (back in the day) when I just need an easy read :h:
Original post by Ecro
Good. Nobody gives a ****.

I care so take your hatred somewhere else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Opening a Harry Potter book makes me feel all cosy and homely :h:
Reply 7
I read the Narnia books when I was a kid...
Original post by Ravenous

Can someone please explain why Chamber of Secrets is the one everyone hates?
I used to be an obsessive Harry Potter fan :blush: Thank goodness those days are over. :blush:

Original post by Gwilym101

I liked the Chamber of Secrets :frown:
yer a Blizzard Tommy.
Original post by Sir Peter Rabbit
I used to be an obsessive Harry Potter fan :blush: Thank goodness those days are over. :blush:

I liked the Chamber of Secrets :frown:

I liked it to, I thought it and the Philosopher's Stone were the best movie adaptations. I'm just curious why honest trailers referred to it as "the one everyone hates".

Yeah I don't get that either.
I liked it to, I thought it and the Philosopher's Stone were the best movie adaptations. I'm just curious why honest trailers referred to it as "the one everyone hates".

Yeah the worst 2 (my opinion) were the 5th and 6th movies which missed out so much but also included scenes which weren't even in the book which annoyed me. The second was the best movie well definitely in terms of replicating the book.

Maybe I disliked the 5th and 6th movies more because they were my favorite books.
Original post by kingdoo
Yeah the worst 2 (my opinion) were the 5th and 6th movies which missed out so much but also included scenes which weren't even in the book which annoyed me. The second was the best movie well definitely in terms of replicating the book.

Maybe I disliked the 5th and 6th movies more because they were my favorite books.

I had the same view of number 5, favourite book, least favourite film. Especially in loads of scenes where harry is meant to be yelling, Radcliffe had him talking as if he was about to cry instead.

6th book was okay but it had the issue that it had to set up book 7 and wrap up stuff from previous books, to meet it felt a bit like a check list being run though rather than a unique story in its own right.
I loved the 2nd film- it's probably my favourite. It had some of the funniest moments of the series (Ron's Howler, Ron's face when confronting Aragog, some amazing Malfoy one-liners, any scene involving Dobby/Myrtle/Lockhart) although we were also introduced to some of the darker and more serious themes of the series. I think it follows the book pretty well too.

I thought the Goblet of Fire was the one everyone hated. It's the one I thought was worse.
Reply 18
Original post by PetrosAC
I thought the Goblet of Fire was the one everyone hated. It's the one I thought was worse.

YES! I hated the Goblet of Fire.:rolleyes:
Reply 19
I've always loved the books/films.

I'm not very keen on prisoner of azkaban though, purely because I'm a very fast reader, and I once took that on holiday with me, and it was the only book I had to read for the whole week. By the end of the week, is more or less memorised the book, and there's only so many times you can reread a book before you get bored.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest