The Student Room Group

How long have you been in your current/most recent job?

just counted that i have been in my current job 11 weeks , so just wondering how long have you been in your current or most recent job?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stehay
just counted that i have been in my current job 11 weeks , so just wondering how long have you been in your current or most recent job?

Almost five months. Crazy. Seems like I just started sometimes.

Although it's a large learning curve and the knowledgeable people have been working there for 30/40+ years...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Since the 10th of Novemeber.
Reply 3
About 6 weeks. Before this I was at my old place for 5 years.
1 year and 2 months, I still can't believe how quickly it's gone! Before that, 3 years.
10 months
umm 1yr 8months don't think I'll make it to two years its depressing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive been in my current job for over 6 1/2 years. I will have been there 7 years in february.
Original post by Vito Scaletta
umm 1yr 8months don't think I'll make it to two years its depressing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the job? What would you rather be doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
What's the job? What would you rather be doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I work as a security guard in a town centre. I don't know tbh anything where I work alone and dont see people. Anything would be better than this.. sick of chasing after shoplifters etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A couple of months.
I have never worked anywhere longer than 3 months. Think I have commitment issues.
Original post by rainbowclare
I have never worked anywhere longer than 3 months. Think I have commitment issues.

I used to be like that but I can't afford to be unemployed. Also it doesn't look good on your cv if you keep job hopping. I'm trying to have no gaps in my CV so I will stick this out until something else comes my way.. realistically I could be still doing the same job in a years time.. the thought is depressing but that's life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Almost 11 weeks now.
Original post by rainbowclare

I used to be like this too - at a certain point you need to get something and stick with it for a while. It's not so bad when you're younger as the range of experience is useful, but as you get older it starts to put you at a disadvatage. :smile: :yy:

I've been in my current job for 10 months, OP. Feels like about 3 though. :h::yy:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I used to be like this too - at a certain point you need to get something and stick with it for a while. It's not so bad when you're younger as the range of experience is useful, but as you get older it starts to put you at a disadvatage. :smile: :yy:

I've been in my current job for 10 months, OP. Feels like about 3 though. :h::yy:

To be fair, it was mostly temporary contracts and as I don't work during term time I have had some summer jobs.
Been at my job for nearly half a year already, eeep. Feels like just started.
A year next month, it has flown by tbh.
Nearly 4 months. I feel like I've only just started.
3 years and a few months!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending