The Student Room Group

I wrote a rant about sixth form online and now they hate me.

Hi, I need help! In September, my sixth form changed all of the rules as my old head teacher left and it affected me badly. We now have a tight dress code, are not allowed to leave the premises until the bell goes at 3:15, are sent home for breaking the dress code and are getting detentions left right and centre for no reason at all. I write a blog, and it's somewhat successful in terms of page views and one day, after I was sent home for wearing trousers with a stud instead of trousers without a stud, I wrote a blog post about it. Long story short, the sixth form found out, asked me to join the senior leaders so they could control me, told me everything I wrote was untrue and that I should worry about the consequences. Three weeks later, I was black mailed by the new head of sixth form, who told me that if I didn't become editor of the journalism team (who write for my local paper) then she would make sure my reference for UCAS was awful. I accepted, but she subsequently avoided me so until this day I have no idea what's going on. In the past few weeks, I've been pulled into meetings all the time to talk about myself and I seem to be doing things wrong without realising it - for example I sent an email about the EPQ to my mentor who thought I sounded rude - and then my business teacher left dramatically. We have no idea where she's gone, but its approaching a month now with no substitute teacher nor a plan that we've been told about. So I'm going to fail that. Then I walk into English this morning, our English teachers shout at us to sit on separate desks in silence and continued to shout for 15 minutes. The whole class stayed silent with their heads in their laptops for the whole hour but then when I go to leave school at home time, the pastoral leader shouts my name and keeps me behind. Supposedly, I was rude, aggressive and argumentative in lesson this morning. I feel as though they're trying to tear me down and I already dread going in now and I know its my own fault. What do I do?!
Reply 1
Sometimes I think teachers forget their place.
Reply 2
Contact the local education authority for your school and speak to your parents. I can't believe you put up with that for so long on your own!
It's unaccaeptable and poor management you have a strong case and I really hope you exercise your rights. All the best with this and remember you can send off your ucas individually it does not have to be done through the school buzz code.
Just remember there's always a serious concern complaint to ofsted which could sort it out. The school could have an immediate inspection with no notice and the leadership team could all lose their jobs if its that bad. Just remember they are providing a service to you and you have every right to ensure you get what you want.
Reply 4
Jesus, surely your school aren't allowed to do that?!
teachers gossip a lot, if you've done something to offend one- they'll all know about it and may see you as a trouble child.

tell your parents you're being treated unfairly and make sure they complain to a higher authority
They aren't even allowed to do that!

have you spoken to your family about this? Maybe they could help, and get them to stop? or sue them maybe
That is totally out of order, if I were you I'd be ringing round other sixth forms and colleges and getting the hell out of there.

Quick Reply

Latest