The Student Room Group
Some cars, especially small hatchbacks, only have one reverse light on one side. It depends on your specific model.
as summer anthems states some cars have one rear fog and one reversing light - what is in the right hand cluster atthe same position - is it a red light ? - if so it;s probably your rear fog 'Guard' light
Reply 3
FYI, Reverse lights aren't a testable item on the MOT.
Most EU specification cars only has 1 reverse light as on the other cluster is a rear fog-lamp.
Reply 5
A lot of cars only come with one, but it's a bit bloody naff. I only have one on my work van - and it's a rubbish light at that - and with the first 2-3 hours of my day being driven at night, it makes it a bloody nightmare trying to reverse in tight loading yards or back down country lanes. It may as well not even be there. My car, in complete contrast, has two fairly powerful reversing lights and they light up behind the car really well.
Original post by SummerAnthems
Some cars, especially small hatchbacks, only have one reverse light on one side. It depends on your specific model.

I agree
Original post by JC.
FYI, Reverse lights aren't a testable item on the MOT.

No one said it was
Reply 8
Original post by Emma:-)
No one said it was

Your point?

I prefaced the comment with "FYI".
Original post by daydreamer93
I have a ford fiesta finesse and I've just found out that I have one reverse light on the left? does the one on the right need replacing? or am I meant to have just one reverse light?

Most cars do. I have a Ford KA and it only has one reverse light.
I have the same... it does seem odd, as the plastic lights cover has a red panel where you'd expect clear. But although inside there is a bulb connection, it has no power leading to it so there's no way of making it work as that.
Original post by Joe's Garage
I have the same... it does seem odd, as the plastic lights cover has a red panel where you'd expect clear. But although inside there is a bulb connection, it has no power leading to it so there's no way of making it work as that.

You've just bumped a thread from 4 years ago...

Latest