The Student Room Group

Does this girl like me?

Basically i met this girl, shes the complete opposite of me
We kissed at a party and while she was drunk she admitted she liked me, i didnt like her at this point but feel for her soon after
I asked her out and she said yes, but the first time i saw her after she asked if we could wait a bit before we fully went out (about 1-2 months ago)
2 weeks ago yesterday she said she had stopped having feelings for me (this night one of my friends had texted her all night asking if she liked me etc etc * i didnt know)
She has said things since then like "i just want to be friends, for now" and other hinting stuff, but im not sure
She is very popular and has lots of other boys that like her, and im not the best looking guy in the world so my chances are slim
So did she genuinely stop having feelings for me or did she just
bearing in mind she put things like "I ran away to make you care" and "I dont know how you can miss someone as soon as theyve left *admitted it was about me to a friend*

does anyone have any advice? also she speaks and replys a lot slower than she used to
She stopped having feelings
Reply 2
Attraction has an expiry date, that is why you need to move fast when it comes to women.

If you don't move fast enough they will find someone else or lose interest.
Reply 3
I dont understand why you felt the need to ask the internet whether we think she likes you or not, if she HERSELF has told you that she DOESN'T like you anymore.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM naaah.
Original post by az08
Attraction has an expiry date, that is why you need to move fast when it comes to women.

If you don't move fast enough they will find someone else or lose interest.

Lol bull**** your first sentence. Girls can fancy a guy for years....and vice versa eg celebrities
Reply 5
Original post by bittr n swt
Lol bull**** your first sentence. Girls can fancy a guy for years....and vice versa eg celebrities

...celebrities? We are in the real world here...
Original post by az08
...celebrities? We are in the real world here...

Even in the real world it can still happen
Reply 7
Original post by Uw0tm8_
I dont understand why you felt the need to ask the internet whether we think she likes you or not, if she HERSELF has told you that she DOESN'T like you anymore.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM naaah.

I have had enough experience with girls my age to know it is NEVER EVER black and white like that, and if you assume so you will get no where
Reply 8
UPDATE
I asked her if i had a chance with her
she said
"I guess so, i mean you never know what the future holds:smile:"
But **** it brahs im moving on, that way she will fall for me and whenever she does i can just let me snuggle back into my old feelinsg
Reply 9
I think one issue here is you are both still young and 'learning the protocol' of such encounters.

Your friend wasn't being helpful, asking her all night if she's still interested is interpreted by women as 'coming on too strong' and they get put off.

I think it is silly to 'force' a relationship if you are not even friends. You are better off at this stage arranging to go out in a group with her present and seeing if anything happens.

Be aware she may suddenly find someone else. In the same way, don't shut yourself off to other chances while you fancy this girl.
Reply 10
The slower replying could be interpreted either way - even if they do like you, many girls do not like to initiate and she is probably considering carefully what to say either to keep your options open or maybe she doesn't fancy you and is trying not to let you down gently.

(Now time to apply my own advice to my miserable/non-existent love life.............)
Original post by Anonymous
Basically i met this girl, shes the complete opposite of me
We kissed at a party and while she was drunk she admitted she liked me, i didnt like her at this point but feel for her soon after
I asked her out and she said yes, but the first time i saw her after she asked if we could wait a bit before we fully went out (about 1-2 months ago)
2 weeks ago yesterday she said she had stopped having feelings for me (this night one of my friends had texted her all night asking if she liked me etc etc * i didnt know)
She has said things since then like "i just want to be friends, for now" and other hinting stuff, but im not sure
She is very popular and has lots of other boys that like her, and im not the best looking guy in the world so my chances are slim
So did she genuinely stop having feelings for me or did she just
bearing in mind she put things like "I ran away to make you care" and "I dont know how you can miss someone as soon as theyve left *admitted it was about me to a friend*

does anyone have any advice? also she speaks and replys a lot slower than she used to

I have heard people come up with some bizarre stuff in the past, but how the hell did you manage to think she could be thinkin that bold bit? People run away from things they are scared of, such as collapsing buildings or a fast moving vehicle thats about to run them down.
Bottom line is that people dont ignore, avoid or forget about stuff they really care for. Forget about her, plenty more birds in the sky.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending