The Student Room Group

Teacher not written reference

Okay so i sent my application off to my school over a week ago and my reference still hasn't been written. its really starting to stress me out because we just broke up for Christmas and our head of year said he wasn't doing anything over the holiday. there are other people in my year that have had to wait weeks and he still hasn't written theirs, he told me 3 days ago that he was doing mine next and ucas says it still hasn't been started. i don't know what to do and its really starting to worry me now.:s-smilie:
Reply 1
Original post by 2econdstar
Okay so i sent my application off to my school over a week ago and my reference still hasn't been written. its really starting to stress me out because we just broke up for Christmas and our head of year said he wasn't doing anything over the holiday. there are other people in my year that have had to wait weeks and he still hasn't written theirs, he told me 3 days ago that he was doing mine next and ucas says it still hasn't been started. i don't know what to do and its really starting to worry me now.:s-smilie:

All I'd say is don't worry about it...last year I submitted mine towards the end of October, and it took till December for the reference, because my form tutor somehow 'forgot'!! As long as it's done before the UCAS deadline it'll be fine - plenty of universities don't start looking at applications till they're all in anyway
I'd speak to them as soon as you return to school from the Christmas break. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, ask your parents to contact the school.

Remember, so long as you get your application in by 15th Jan, you've still met the deadline, so you don't need to panic just ​yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending