The Student Room Group

Missed southampton solent uni interview

I missed the interview for Southampton Solent uni doing fashion journalism yet still received a conditional offer. Does this mean if id have attended I would have been in with a good chance of getting an unconditional? Entry requirements for this course = BBC and I got ABB(1 mark off A) at as level. Thanks
Original post by beckieporritt
I missed the interview for Southampton Solent uni doing fashion journalism yet still received a conditional offer. Does this mean if id have attended I would have been in with a good chance of getting an unconditional? Entry requirements for this course = BBC and I got ABB(1 mark off A) at as level. Thanks

Probably not. Most universities don't give out unconditional offers to people who haven't got their A2 results yet, no matter how good they are.
No, it means that the interview wasn't meant as a way of selecting candidates. It was essentially a marketing exercise, designed to encourage students to firm them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chlorophile
Probably not. Most universities don't give out unconditional offers to people who haven't got their A2 results yet, no matter how good they are.

Yup, unconditional's are very rare.

I somehow received one this year for an ABB university without even finishing my A2's yet.

Quick Reply

Latest