The Student Room Group

Mad Friday... why do people go out looking for fights?

Of course, it happens in general in the night scene, but this is amplified at this time of the year. Seriously, what is the point?
Reply 1
Because the civilian male population is hugely insecure in every way. Looking for relatively safe fights on a night out (Safe because for the most part nobody will kill you or your family for being aggressive toward them which isn't the case in the harder parts of the world) is as much a symptom of this insecurity as trying desperately to convince everybody what a great life you have via facebook/twitter/instagram etc.. Along with the almost constant escapism and avoidism that comes with the entertainment industry videogames/movies/tv etc..

Modern males are hugely removed from reality and it shows.
Reply 2
Original post by Subedei
Because the civilian male population is hugely insecure in every way. Looking for relatively safe fights on a night out (Safe because for the most part nobody will kill you or your family for being aggressive toward them which isn't the case in the harder parts of the world) is as much a symptom of this insecurity as trying desperately to convince everybody what a great life you have via facebook/twitter/instagram etc.. Along with the almost constant escapism and avoidism that comes with the entertainment industry videogames/movies/tv etc..

Don't want to make this into a class war issue, but we all know that the lower rungs of the socio-economic ladder are more likely to indulge in such behaviour.
Alcohol and testosterone probably combined with low iq's.
Reply 4
Original post by Tom_Ford
Don't want to make this into a class war issue, but we all know that the lower rungs of the socio-economic ladder are more likely to indulge in such behaviour.

No its pandemic amongst all western civilian males. I would say that class has nothing to do with it apart from accent and extravagance. You only need to take a look at the bullingdon club or reality tv shows following the upper classes around for some high profile examples.
Reply 5
Original post by Subedei
No its pandemic amongst all western civilian males. I would say that class has nothing to do with it apart from accent and extravagance. You only need to take a look at the bullingdon club or reality tv shows following the upper classes around for some high profile examples.

They don't go out looking for trouble with the masses like your average skinhead.
Reply 6
Of course, it happens in general in the night scene, but this is amplified at this time of the year. Seriously, what is the point?

Insecurity and a flawed belief that acting like a Gorilla makes them an alpha male.

In short, these people are inferior.
Reply 7
Original post by Rakas21
Insecurity and a flawed belief that acting like a Gorilla makes them an alpha male.

In short, these people are inferior.

Is it because they can't pull and are most likely poor/uneducated? (serious question lol).
Reply 8
They don't go out looking for trouble with the masses like your average skinhead.

Skinheads are as much a minority as the upper classes. There are no masses of skinheads. I thought you weree talking about aggression on nights out. From personal experience it is as common amongst those in the same age group who are wealthy and those who are not. The causes, as I have stated are wider and deeper than material wealth. The upper class civilian male population is just as insecure, perhaps more so than those who are lower to them on the scales of material posession. Perhaps because they have everything the lower classes think they want, and yet still have that empty, unfulfilled feeling inside that is prevelant amongst the males of our society.
Reply 9
Is it because they can't pull and are most likely poor/uneducated? (serious question lol).

Club rat type women eat them up so it's not a pulling issue but yes, most of them appear to be part of the working or underclass.
Reply 10

Believing that completing the state-approved eduction program makes you educated is another root cause of insecurity amongst males in our society. All that work, all that study and everyone telling you you are now educated and yet the constant feeling, the constant nagging thought that: "I still do not understand how things work" Or "Why are things so complex?"

As for pulling? Well... judging your self worth on your ability to get laid is in essence judging your self worth on the perception other have of you. So you rely on the opinion of others to form an opinion of yourself. Thus constantly seeking approval thus the immense popularity and power of social media which is just a massive approval-seeking mechanism..... my,my,my this society is in a bad state. We look down upon the third world and those who take up arms and wage war for a living as 'uncivilised' and yet their sense of self worth is built upon foundation stones of ability, because without ability they would be killed. That situation simply does not exist in our society anymore. To be civilised is to conform, to be part of the flock. Perhaps this is against our nature, hence the reason all the wealthiest countries have such high levels of mental disfunction amongst their population perhaps that is why we are so highly medicated or self-medicated. Perhaps that is why the lives of the youth in these societies is just one massive search for escape, whether through movies, games, medication, drugs, holidays or self-destruction.
Reply 11
Original post by Subedei
Believing that completing the state-approved eduction program makes you educated is another root cause of insecurity amongst males in our society. All that work, all that study and everyone telling you you are now educated and yet the constant feeling, the constant nagging thought that: "I still do not understand how things work" Or "Why are things so complex?"

As for pulling? Well... judging your self worth on your ability to get laid is in essence judging your self worth on the perception other have of you. So you rely on the opinion of others to form an opinion of yourself. Thus constantly seeking approval thus the immense popularity and power of social media which is just a massive approval-seeking mechanism..... my,my,my this society is in a bad state. We look down upon the third world and those who take up arms and wage war for a living as 'uncivilised' and yet their sense of self worth is built upon foundation stones of ability, because without ability they would be killed. That situation simply does not exist in our society anymore. To be civilised is to conform, to be part of the flock. Perhaps this is against our nature, hence the reason all the wealthiest countries have such high levels of mental disfunction amongst their population perhaps that is why we are so highly medicated or self-medicated. Perhaps that is why the lives of the youth in these societies is just one massive search for escape, whether through movies, games, medication, drugs, holidays or self-destruction.

Exactly why I don't have any social media accounts. Can't bear most of it, my life does not belong in media.
Original post by Subedei

Nonsense. The overwhelming majority of men going out on a evening don't get involved in any violence. Yes there is undoubtedly a minority who actively look to cause trouble but this is nothing new at all.

Infact in my experience with my local town, things are far more peaceful than they were around five or six years ago. Back then I could go out on a friday night and be gauranteed to see at least some form of confrontation. Today it just doesn't happen, maybe once in a blue moon but even then actual physical violence is rare.
Reply 13
Original post by Greenlaner
Nonsense. The overwhelming majority of men going out on a evening don't get involved in any violence. Yes there is undoubtedly a minority who actively look to cause trouble but this is nothing new at all.

Infact in my experience with my local town, things are far more peaceful than they were around five or six years ago. Back then I could go out on a friday night and be gauranteed to see at least some form of confrontation. Today it just doesn't happen, maybe once in a blue moon but even then actual physical violence is rare.

I said that rutting and safe aggression is but one facet of the problems I listed above. I didn't imply that every single male goes out of his way to start a fight. Though there will always be some trouble on a busy night out.
Reply 14
Original post by Rakas21
Club rat type women eat them up so it's not a pulling issue but yes, most of them appear to be part of the working or underclass.

Yeah, can't be a pulling issue, if they fail theres always a dominatrix they can pay to crush their scrotums amongst the mounds of coked up bellends.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest