York

York St John Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Have you guys put York st John as your firm? :smile:
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Original post by Lennon79
Welp, got my offer and since it's my only choice I'd better make it my firm decision. Is anyone else doing TESOL or Japanese language this year? I'm a bit far afield to check out the accommodation, so can anyone hazard a guess which dorm works out the cheapest for transport and shopping?

All the accommodations are within walking distance to the campus (15 minute walk max) with city residences being the closest to the campus. Also the acommodation and campus are pretty much in the city centre, so no need to catch a bus to go shopping :smile:
Original post by tashaagill
I have an offer for OT, and have made it my firm choice! Really struggling with accommodation, as i'm from Cornwall I haven't managed to look at any open days. Does anyone have any advise on the accommodation?

Oooh another OT student hi there I'm thinking of firming YSJ too, which other unis have you applied to/heard back from? :smile: as for accommodation the application for it begins around may/june time I believe and there are older and newer types of accommodation. I looked at St John Central (newer) and then City Residence (older) but they're are like most other halls tbh so looking at them won't make too much of a difference :smile: there are virtual tours on their website why not check them out? hope this helps xx
Original post by George..l
Have you guys put York st John as your firm? :smile:

Yep! Firmed for business management with human resources management, with Lincoln uni my insurance! Have you? :-)
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vanilla94
Yep! Firmed for business management with human resources management, with Lincoln uni my insurance! Have you? :-)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah for education! :smile: what accomodation you thinking about?
Yeah for education! :smile: what accomodation you thinking about?

Whats your offer?:-) I'm wanting to go into city res or York central... Really want an ensuite haha! You got an applicant day to go to? Mines a week on Wednesday!
280 I thinkkk haha!You? Ah yes same want an ensuite too! York central probably, I had one two weekends ago, oooh enjoy :smile:
280 I thinkkk haha!You? Ah yes same want an ensuite too! York central probably, I had one two weekends ago, oooh enjoy :smile:

Aww good luck!:-) 280 as well! Really hope I manage it! Can't imagine sharing a bathroom with total strangers haha! Can't wait to see the campus finally, just nervous for the day in general though haha!
Anyone studying English and creative writing?
Aww good luck!:-) 280 as well! Really hope I manage it! Can't imagine sharing a bathroom with total strangers haha! Can't wait to see the campus finally, just nervous for the day in general though haha!

I'm sure you will! :smile: aww you'll be fine, the days are really chill and informative
Anyone who has been to an applicant visit day, do you have to arrive by 10? There's not a lot I want to do in the morning so don't want to arrive too early if I don't need too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who has been to an applicant visit day, do you have to arrive by 10? There's not a lot I want to do in the morning so don't want to arrive too early if I don't need too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not necessary to turn up at 10. Just turn up when you like! :smile:
Has anyone applied for religious studies or theology?
Original post by lhopper1997
I applied for BA Theology and got an offer, 280 UCAS points!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had an offer for theology and religious studies! 280 points as well :smile:
I just got an offer for English Literature :smile:
Original post by barbarabc
I just got an offer for English Literature :smile:

I'm hoping to do lit too!

GOOD LUCK. I'm just finishing my Business Management degree now and I wish I was in your position all over again, truly a lovely university and the business staff are amazing, truly helpful! The campus is lovely and quaint, the business school is the newest building and very modern but there is a Harry Potter feel to the main building and quad area. ENJOY.
Original post by Octene11
GOOD LUCK. I'm just finishing my Business Management degree now and I wish I was in your position all over again, truly a lovely university and the business staff are amazing, truly helpful! The campus is lovely and quaint, the business school is the newest building and very modern but there is a Harry Potter feel to the main building and quad area. ENJOY.

Thank you!:-) I went to the applicant visit day where we did like a lecture and seminar activity, was so much fun and the members of staff I met were lovely! Made me feel a lot less nervous about starting with them. I cant wait now! Good luck with the last bit of your studies:-)
Has anybody applied for accommodation yet? I've put City Res, The Grange and St John Central as my preferences!
I've applied for City Res, St John Central, and Limes Court☺️x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest