The Student Room Group

Impedance circuit

Attachment not found

For part b of this question is this the correct circuit diagram?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1418988253.127847.jpg

If not can someone point me towards the correct setup as for me the wording of the question isnt clear...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Goods
Attachment not found

For part b of this question is this the correct circuit diagram?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1418988253.127847.jpg

If not can someone point me towards the correct setup as for me the wording of the question isnt clear...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi.

Your file attachment is not loading. Can you repost please? Ta.
Reply 2
Original post by uberteknik
Hi.

Your file attachment is not loading. Can you repost please? Ta.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1418989274.931716.jpg bug with two images from mobile app sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Goods
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1418989274.931716.jpg bug with two images from mobile app sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries.

C3 represents the lumped cable capacitance which the question says Is between the input to the oscilloscope and ground.

Therefore C3 should be parallel with the oscilloscope input impedance.

(Values in the attached diagram are not quite the same as your question).

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4

so removing the text is this the circuit in question? where v2 is the voltage across only the right hand RC parallel section?
Original post by Goods
so removing the text is this the circuit in question? where v2 is the voltage across only the right hand RC parallel section?

You got it! :smile:
Original post by Goods

The connecting cable is co-axial: a single test-signal conductor sheathed in a braided shield (Faraday cage) connected to ground.

The shield is isolated from the signal conductor by a rigid pvc spacer which has an air core (dielectric) to aid mechanical flexibility.

In other words, the connecting cable forms a capacitor whose total capacitance is a function of the dielectric properties, cable length and spacing.

C=ϵ0ϵrAdC= \epsilon_0\epsilon_r\frac{A}{d}
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
You got it! :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419008287.465646.jpg

I followed that arrangement and arrived at this, but from here I have no idea how to work out c1 such that v2/v1 is independent of w. Ive checked a few times and get the same fraction for v2/v1....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest