The Student Room Group

GEM with economics bsc

Ok, so i am a first year economics student at Southampton and was wondering if i started getting all the relevant work experience, high 2:1 or 1:1 whether i would still stand a good chance of getting a place. (I know there are universities which accept any degree but i know i will be at a disadvantage vs those who are studying biomedical sciences etc).

A levels: ABBb ( Chemistry B) ( biology AS: B)
GCSEs: 4 A* 6A 1B (all sciences and maths were A*)
Original post by Sun_Bear
Ok, so i am a first year economics student at Southampton and was wondering if i started getting all the relevant work experience, high 2:1 or 1:1 whether i would still stand a good chance of getting a place. (I know there are universities which accept any degree but i know i will be at a disadvantage vs those who are studying biomedical sciences etc).

A levels: ABBb ( Chemistry B) ( biology AS: B)
GCSEs: 4 A* 6A 1B (all sciences and maths were A*)

Yeah sure - it will also depend on how you do in the GAMSAT/UKCAT, but it's too early to worry about those. For now, just focus on enjoying first year and getting good marks. You won't be at any disadvantage either, if the med school says they consider all degrees, then that's exactly what they mean.

There's no such thing as a 1:1 btw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending