The Student Room Group

Police say claims that boys were murdered by political VIP sex ring are 'credible'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Are you really surprised?
Not in the slightest. More disgusted.
Original post by MJK91
Not in the slightest. More disgusted.

After the fallout from the Saville affair they're hardly going to say they don't believe it, but there's no body, no discernible witnesses other than the one making the accusation.

I'll wait until the police finish the enquiry but I think this will create a lot of media frenzy, waste a lot of money and come out with no real outcome other than increasing the bank balance of several law firms
Original post by MatureStudent36
After the fallout from the Saville affair they're hardly going to say they don't believe it, but there's no body, no discernible witnesses other than the one making the accusation.

I'll wait until the police finish the enquiry but I think this will create a lot of media frenzy, waste a lot of money and come out with no real outcome other than increasing the bank balance of several law firms

I was fairly skeptical about Saville (not in complete denial but I was skeptical about the numbers of reports coming out) but then was proven categorically wrong when the report was released. He was prolific.

There is a chance the guy is lying, but for them to even go as far as saying they're confident the reports are accurate and true means there must be some fairly hard hitting evidence. I think the report will be interesting!
Original post by MJK91

There is a chance the guy is lying, but for them to even go as far as saying they're confident the reports are accurate and true means there must be some fairly hard hitting evidence. I think the report will be interesting!

Got to agree, was a single accusation but when it involves three murderers and one potentially being run over to silence them or something (was mentioned initially a few months back somewhere as one of the guys claims), if the police are actually saying they're taking it seriously and the claims have credibility they must have found something pretty significant to back up mere accusations.

If this sort of thing starts spreading through political ranks, especially if it seems to be senior (age wise) Tories and not Labour MP's....it'll be a **** storm.
Original post by MJK91
I was fairly skeptical about Saville (not in complete denial but I was skeptical about the numbers of reports coming out) but then was proven categorically wrong when the report was released. He was prolific.

Standard language now.

The pendulums shifted to far now.

There was an interesting discussion on radio 4 last night with a guy wrongly accused of rape. Basically, as soon as an allegation gets made, the police are taking the accusers word as gospel.

The police should investigate, but I'm not holding my breath too much.

I'm more concerned about current cases such as those in Rotherham. Not 40 year old claims.
Reply 8
Standard language now.

The pendulums shifted to far now.

There was an interesting discussion on radio 4 last night with a guy wrongly accused of rape. Basically, as soon as an allegation gets made, the police are taking the accusers word as gospel.

The police should investigate, but I'm not holding my breath too much.

I'm more concerned about current cases such as those in Rotherham. Not 40 year old claims.

You seem desperate to minimise this, even in the selection of a date. It was going on at least into the 80s, what are you now? 38? Could have been you getting raped and murdered.

If you're concerned about Rotherham this should be even more to worry about, Rotherham was a continuation of the same problems and of course many of these people will still be alive, quite possibly still in positions of power, quite possibly still abusing children and what exactly has changed? What's stopping it happening again? Clearly not much or we wouldn't be getting it all over again in Rotherham.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by n00
You seem desperate to minimise this, even in the selection of a date. It was going on at least into the 80s, what are you now? 38? Could have been you getting raped and murdered.

If you're concerned about Rotherham this should be even more to worry about, Rotherham was a continuation of the same problems and of course many of these people will still be alive, quite possibly still in positions of power, quite possibly still abusing children and what exactly has changed? Whats stopping it happening again? Clearly not much or we wouldn't be getting it all over again in Rotherham.

The bulk of the claims go back to the mid 70s.

Should it be investigated by the police? Of course it should. And if there are people alive who were involved if the allegation is found to be true then they should be prosecuted.

However, my concern is that the Guardian is very vocal on an event that happened 30 to 40 years ago, but rather quiet on the Rotherham scandal.

In Sensing the guardian is pushing an agenda here trying to turn this into a political witch hunt.

The guardian was stirring the **** about Lord MacAlpine not to long ago and was a vocal supporter of that odious Bercow woman. That backfired on them after it was discovered the high ranking conservative politician wasn't involved. This kind of news story is a Guardian readers wet dream.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
The bulk of the claims go back to the mid 70s.

Should it be investigated by the police? Of course it should. And if there are people alive who were involved if the allegation is found to be true then they should be prosecuted.

However, my concern is that the Guardian is very vocal on an event that happened 30 to 40 years ago, but rather quiet on the Rotherham scandal.

In Sensing the guardian is pushing an agenda here trying to turn this into a political witch hunt.

The guardian was stirring the **** about Lord MacAlpine not to long ago and was a vocal supporter of that odious Bercow woman. That backfired on them after it was discovered the high ranking conservative politician wasn't involved. This kind of news story is a Guardian readers wet dream.

mmmmmmk then

Here have it from:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11301225/Westminster-paedophile-ring-Police-investigate-murders-of-three-boys.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30534235

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2879064/Abuse-ring-link-3-boys-murders.html

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/12/18/detectives-investigate-murder-of-3-boys-by-vip-sex-ring/

http://news.sky.com/story/1394091/three-murders-investigated-in-child-abuse-probe

It's coming from the police, what agenda are they pushing?

Wasn't Lord MacAlpine the BBC?
Reply 12
It's in the news of course, but the guardian seems to be leading the charge on this.

Not at all they've been incredibly slow on it, it's been the Daily Mail and Mirror.

Link doesn't work.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by n00
Not at all they've been incredibly slow on it, it's been the Daily Mail and Mirror.

It's their wet dream.

Same still stands. Whys the guardian be so quiet about Rotherham?
Reply 14
It's their wet dream.

Same still stands. Whys the guardian be so quiet about Rotherham?

Not sure this is the right place for your bizarre fixation with the guardian.
It's their wet dream.Same still stands. Whys the guardian be so quiet about Rotherham?
The Guardian are anti-Caucasian and only care about people with light brown skin or darker.

I think the public enquiry will get nowhere. There are two problems.

The terms of reference are far too wide,

Secondly, there is no sign of anyone trying to get to grips with the moral dilemmas here. If a politician had consensual homosexual intercourse with a 20 year old man, he was committing a crime. Anybody who covered that up knew that they were covering up criminal activity. The same crime was committed if the boy was 16. The same crime was committed if the boy was 15. The same crime was committed if the boy consented but had been groomed, cajoled or induced into having intercourse. The same crime was committed (albeit that the crime of assault was also committed) if the man or boy did not consent. Before you can enquire into this, you have retrospectively to create a moral frame of reference as to what past behaviour should be regarded as acceptable and what is unacceptable. These are similar dilemmas to those that occur on regime change. So far there is no sign that current politicians are willing to do this.

However, I think the police feel they are on to something. I think the reason for this is they are aware of under-investigated disappearances from the time. In the Mehrotra case there clearly was a body and Martin Allen doesn't look like a teenage runaway. What they have in common is well-connected parents (Mehrota's father was a magistrate, Allen's was the Australian High Commissioner's driver) yet the cases seem not to have attracted significant attention.
News just in: true, credible eyewitness testimony holds beaches to be both 'yellow' and 'sand-coloured'.

Jesus wept.
Original post by nulli tertius
I think the public enquiry will get nowhere. There are two problems.

The terms of reference are far too wide,

Secondly, there is no sign of anyone trying to get to grips with the moral dilemmas here. If a politician had consensual homosexual intercourse with a 20 year old man, he was committing a crime. Anybody who covered that up knew that they were covering up criminal activity. The same crime was committed if the boy was 16. The same crime was committed if the boy was 15. The same crime was committed if the boy consented but had been groomed, cajoled or induced into having intercourse. The same crime was committed (albeit that the crime of assault was also committed) if the man or boy did not consent. Before you can enquire into this, you have retrospectively to create a moral frame of reference as to what past behaviour should be regarded as acceptable and what is unacceptable. These are similar dilemmas to those that occur on regime change. So far there is no sign that current politicians are willing to do this.

However, I think the police feel they are on to something. I think the reason for this is they are aware of under-investigated disappearances from the time. In the Mehrotra case there clearly was a body and Martin Allen doesn't look like a teenage runaway. What they have in common is well-connected parents (Mehrota's father was a magistrate, Allen's was the Australian High Commissioner's driver) yet the cases seem not to have attracted significant attention.

FWIW There was a documentary about Jeremy Thorpe on the radio earlier this month which might show the establishment cover-up culture of those times http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04wz633
Original post by Joinedup
FWIW There was a documentary about Jeremy Thorpe on the radio earlier this month which might show the establishment cover-up culture of those times http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04wz633

In many ways I think that is a culture that developed amongst the men who came back from WWI.

When he was informed that one of his courtiers was homosexual, George V (who had served in the navy) said with all seriousness "I thought men like that shot themselves"

If you go forward a generation was there anyone in England who didn't realise that Noel Coward and John Gielgud and Cecil Beeton and a string of other men who were welcome in high society and at the Palace were each as queer as a seven bob note (as the expression ran)?

Provided their behaviour was discreet, no-one in the establishment would say anything. Essentially the establishment transferred to homosexual behaviour the attitude to heterosexual adulterous behaviour adopted by the Marlborough House Set in the latter half of the 19th century.

Quick Reply

Latest