The Student Room Group

My mum can be abusive ?

If she doesn't get her way she will have a tantrum like a child.During a random argument she will often pick very sensitive issues from my past such as (being bullied,running away from school,not having friends) which was more than 4 years ago and she will randomly bring that into the conversation.For me its embarrassing firstly she say these things in front of the other siblings in the house.Secondly she will blame me and say why am I acting like this and she will make up theories .If I ignore her she makes up theories that Im being bullied or dont have any freinds
What does your dad have to say about this?
She sounds like a bully tbh
Reply 3
Original post by bittr n swt
What does your dad have to say about this?

My mum basically bullied him into a divorce,he doesn't live with us anymore.He's a quiet and a gentle man,my mum knew this and took advantage of him but because she wants sympathy and told the world my dad didn't love her covers her the true story.
At the end of the day she is your mother. Talk to her, ask her what's wrong because it's likely she may be having some problems and difficulties herself.
Original post by 061194
My mum basically bullied him into a divorce,he doesn't live with us anymore.He's a quiet and a gentle man,my mum knew this and took advantage of him but because she wants sympathy and told the world my dad didn't love her covers her the true story.

So sad, I would try and be the head of the household your mum needs to know respect and know where her place is.
Reply 6
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
At the end of the day she is your mother. Talk to her, ask her what's wrong because it's likely she may be having some problems and difficulties herself.

I have asked her so many times.She acts as if everyone else has got problems and she wants to rub it in their face and show she's got nothing to worry about.
Which mother bullies their own child?
Is it possible for you to live with your father?
Original post by 061194
I have asked her so many times.She acts as if everyone else has got problems and she wants to rub it in their face and show she's got nothing to worry about.
Which mother bullies their own child?

Do you have any other family members that live close to you apart from your dad?
Reply 9
Original post by DiddyDec
Is it possible for you to live with your father?

No,Since the divorce my mum and my brothers spend time in our grandmothers house along with my uncles family(inc 3 kids) and my mums sister.Basically when Im in this house my mum and her brother just back bite about my dad.
Reply 10
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
Do you have any other family members that live close to you apart from your dad?

I've been fixated in this extended family for a long time.They have a lot of trust issues with other people.Only since the the divorce things got bad.
Reply 11
Its weird when I was a child they treated me like an adult.Now I'm an adult they treat me like a child.
Original post by 061194
If she doesn't get her way she will have a tantrum like a child.During a random argument she will often pick very sensitive issues from my past such as (being bullied,running away from school,not having friends) which was more than 4 years ago and she will randomly bring that into the conversation.For me its embarrassing firstly she say these things in front of the other siblings in the house.Secondly she will blame me and say why am I acting like this and she will make up theories .If I ignore her she makes up theories that Im being bullied or dont have any freinds

Take care of your feelings and ignore your mothers demands.

Even if she is your mother, she has no right to treat you like this, unless you put up with it.
Original post by 061194

surely if she is your mum it would be longer than four years ago also you have to stand up to her

Quick Reply

Latest