The Student Room Group

UEA Creative Writing Scriptwriting vs Edinburgh Playwriting

I have just been accepted to both programs - MA in Creative Writing Scriptwriting at University of East Anglia and MSc in Playwriting at University of Edinburgh. I'm an international student and am looking for any insight into these two programs? Heard anything about them? About the cities? Instructors? Thanks all!
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
I live in Edinburgh currently and studied my Masters at Edinburgh, but went to UEA in Norwich for my undergraduate degree.

Part of my course at UEA crossed over with the creative writing staff, and it was excellent. The MA creative writing courses at UEA are very highly regarded and competitive so well done for getting in there! Norwich is a really nice city too, easy to find your way around and a surprisingly active creative student scene. Norwich is an overlooked gem of a little city.

Edinburgh is a truly amazing place to live, it can make your jaw drop. The university has its faults (everyone I know who went there complains about the admin/organisational problems), but the teaching is top-standard.

If I were you I would choose Norwich as I think that the course is better. But Edinburgh is a bigger and more exciting city, so if you're looking for the whole 'experience' and not just your education then you should consider it. Though like I said, although Norwich is small it is actually a fantastic place to live and study - just maybe not as obviously exciting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending