The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes, we have great neighbors who have helped us out in the past.
Reply 2
I give one to the house next door on one side, the house opposite us, and the house next to them. We don't really 'know' them but we send each other Christmas cards, and they're nice people - the two opposite both gave us cards when my mum died too which was very thoughtful. And I give one to the house 14 doors up because that's my best friend's parents :biggrin:
Reply 3
Yeah my family does
Reply 4
No. Tbh I don't even know the names of anyone who stays in the same block of flats as me. I probably wouldn't even know them if they passed me in the street.

When I lived with my mum we used to send cards to the neighbours as we stayed in a close knit street.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
No. Tbh I don't even know the names of anyone who stays in the same block of flats as me. I probably wouldn't even know them if they passed me in the street.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I mean, it might be rude but most of my neighbours are adults and the others are younger than me and I feel awkward talking to people older than me and if I walked up to any if the kids and introduce myself, I'd probably get arrested.
Reply 6
Yeah, we know quite a few people living on our road so we send them cards and they send them back :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
To select neighbours, yes. When I was little, my sister and I would fight over who got to deliver them. :colonhash:
I don't think we do. Although there may be one or two specific neighbours which we got on with, that we do. :dontknow:
Original post by Sir Peter Rabbit
To select neighbours, yes. When I was little, my sister and I would fight over who got to deliver them. :colonhash:

We did as well actually.

Normally we would go together and take turns with each neighbour.
Reply 10
Hell no. They put their rubbish in my bins and then pretend they didn't.
Well I definitely do to next door (grandparents!) and I think I will to the other next door and a few doors down either way, haven't done before but I think it would be nice to this year!
Yes to all the street except for number 3, plus I also give cards to 3 houses on the next street as well because I know them.
Reply 13
I don't really know any of my neighbours. Nevertheless I gave Christmas cards to them last year. I haven't done Christmas cards this year though.
I did at home on one side but not here because I don't really know them. The neighbours on the other side are truly horrible people so they got nothing.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Yes to all the street except for number 3, plus I also give cards to 3 houses on the next street as well because I know them.

What did number 3 do wrong? :hmmm:
Original post by ForgetMe
What did number 3 do wrong? :hmmm:

They hate us, and we're not overly enamoured with them either. I tried calling a truce with them a couple of months ago but they were having none of it. So they're off the Christmas card list I'm afraid.
Yeah our neighbours are all really nice. We live on a pretty long street so only give cards to the half we know and then we give presents to our immediate neighbours usually wine as they always get us a present. It was strange at first because we had always had crappy neighbours before we moved here.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
They hate us, and we're not overly enamoured with them either. I tried calling a truce with them a couple of months ago but they were having none of it. So they're off the Christmas card list I'm afraid.

Ahh, they deserve a piece of coal in their postbox then :teehee:
I sent every house on the street I live on a pack of cookies with a small card attached to it.

Only ones who didn't get one is the house immediately beside mine.