The Student Room Group

Quitting Next - what do I do?

I have worked at next for about 4 months, they have kept me on without telling me past my contract end date.

I want to quit.

Do I just a give a letter of notice to the store manager, but I am unsure what to put on it.

How long is the notice period too.

Any advice from anyone would be great who has been in a similar situation.

Thanks

Moordland
Reply 1
bump up my post [bump]
When I quit I just handed a letter to the manager that said I was quitting and a week later I was off their books. But I seem to remember if you've worked for them for longer than like 3 months you have to give a months notice.
Reply 3
Original post by blueberrysro
When I quit I just handed a letter to the manager that said I was quitting and a week later I was off their books. But I seem to remember if you've worked for them for longer than like 3 months you have to give a months notice.

Thank you for your reply :smile:

Can I ask what your wrote in your letter of resignation please, and did you give it to the store manager or just any regular manager.
Original post by Moordland
Thank you for your reply :smile:

Can I ask what your wrote in your letter of resignation please, and did you give it to the store manager or just any regular manager.

I gave it to the store manager. I kept it simple just Dear x, I am resigning from my position as x effective from xx/yy/zz due to x reasons. Yours sincerely Jane Doe
Reply 5
I gave it to the store manager. I kept it simple just Dear x, I am resigning from my position as x effective from xx/yy/zz due to x reasons. Yours sincerely Jane Doe

Thank you for your help.

So after leaving there, did you do bigger and better things :smile:
Thank you for your help.

So after leaving there, did you do bigger and better things :smile:

Your welcome :smile:
That I did - namely uni haha and better paid jobs
Reply 7
Your welcome :smile:
That I did - namely uni haha and better paid jobs

Its such a **** workplace.

Awful pay, whiny customers, and management is completely abysmal.

The management makes me sick, all of them should be fired at my place.

I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Handing in my letter of resignation tomorrow - was told it is a months notice!

Can't wait to leave :moon:
Its such a **** workplace.

Awful pay, whiny customers, and management is completely abysmal.

The management makes me sick, all of them should be fired at my place.

I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Handing in my letter of resignation tomorrow - was told it is a months notice!

Can't wait to leave :moon:

i am quitting next as well. Do you reckon you will still have to work boxing day ? They have put me in for 28 hours when i signed a 12 hour contract -_-.
Reply 9
Original post by madiwadi
i am quitting next as well. Do you reckon you will still have to work boxing day ? They have put me in for 28 hours when i signed a 12 hour contract -_-.

Yes its a ****ing joke I am working 6 hours on boxing day.

Yes I understand thats my exact scenario too :frown:

Never working at this terrible company again.

Where are you based, I am in the Midlands?

I have to give a months notice..
Yes its a ****ing joke I am working 6 hours on boxing day.

Yes I understand thats my exact scenario too :frown:

Never working at this terrible company again.

Where are you based, I am in the Midlands?

I have to give a months notice..

Yeah me as well like the worst hours between like 12:30 and 6:30 its just so unfair. And the fact they don't give time and a half on Sundays. They don't really care about their staff in the slightest its such a joke I hate the place. The managers are so horrid and just -_-.

I am based like an hour north from London, like between Reading and Guilford.

Like I still find that meh because regardless if I quit I still have to work through christmas, while I bet all the managers are doing burger all
Reply 11
Original post by madiwadi
Yeah me as well like the worst hours between like 12:30 and 6:30 its just so unfair. And the fact they don't give time and a half on Sundays. They don't really care about their staff in the slightest its such a joke I hate the place. The managers are so horrid and just -_-.

I am based like an hour north from London, like between Reading and Guilford.

Like I still find that meh because regardless if I quit I still have to work through christmas, while I bet all the managers are doing burger all

The managers just sit in their offices on their rears.

They are the worst, and the worst thing is that they are uneducated and only got the job on nepotism alone.

I know what you mean.
The managers just sit in their offices on their rears.

They are the worst, and the worst thing is that they are uneducated and only got the job on nepotism alone.

I know what you mean.

Did you quit??

I want to quit for definite now the way they treated us boxing day and christmas Eve. They didn't let us leave on time, theyre just mental

Quick Reply

Latest