The Student Room Group
alright mate?

Am going to the briefing weekend on the 11th november? Going to central america in jan then fiji in april?

What u up to?
Reply 2
Hey buddy.

Hah - i'm doing the exact opposite! Fiji in January, then Central America in April. Should be immense - I really can't wait...

Yeah, I'm going to the briefing weekend. I'll catch you there no doubt!
Reply 3
Oooh Ooooh! I'm going to Fiji in January for 10 weeks that's so weird that you wrote that cuz I came on here to see if anyone was goin. How long are yoo goin for? hehe we're goin to Fiji!!!
alright?
did u enjoy the briefing weekend? am going for 10 weeks on the 3rd april, can't wait, am doing conservation trail first which will be cool, how long u going for?
Reply 5
Hey.

I thought the briefing weekend was ace - the fiji chalet very much went on a bar crawl on the sat night. Hah, dance moves were made! Oh dear...

Did you enjoy it? Don't think I met you...?

Stephanie - were you at the briefing weekend? If so, I'm sure that I met you. But I am officialy pants with names - sorry!

Sam
Reply 6
Oh gawd. Point proven. I don't know where Stephanie came from. I meant to say 'Kayleigh, were you at the briefing weekend?'

I really need to practice names...
Reply 7
lol dont wori. no i didnt make it because I applied for the trip reeeeli late (bout 2 weeks ago) so I didn't even kno the briefing weekend happened!! how was it tho? what's everyone like? I have to get everything sorted cuz my forms just arrived yesterday and I haven't even booked my flights. I'm panickin a bit cuz I feel really behind and I need to get stuff sorted :frown: .... I can't wait tho
Reply 8
ps are you flying with the group? cuz i dont kno what flyts to book, fanksh
Reply 9
Hey hey hey.

Yah, i'm flying with the group - my word that was an effort though. I was originally quoted £870 for flights, but in the end they came out @ £1210 - fierce! But I quite fancied the reassurance that i'd be travelling with other people, so if we were to be delayed it wouldn't just be me sitting in some dodgy airport in the middle east or wherever!

Yeah, the briefing weekend was awesome. Really great to meet everyone - it'll be good to meet you. Give me an e-mail if you've got any more specific questions - [email protected]

Sam xx
Reply 10
Hi, am hoping to go to fiji with frontier in july but could do with some advice,

how much has it cost you all?
How did you raise the money thats what am most worried about?
Reply 11
Hey, I'm going to Fiji in July too. Are you doing teaching english or marine conservation?:smile:
I'm thinking about doing a Frontier project this year! If anyone who went last year could tell me about how their trip went etc it would be great as I'm still trying to decide which project to choose! :smile:

Thanks!
I was thinking about Frontier as i really want to do teaching, but i've been to Fiji before, and their costs seem quite a lot. Fiji is amazing though! Best place i've ever been (and i've been to a few). Really want to go again.

Where in Fiji do they send you?

Bad luck about the flights, think we managed to get there for £800 in summer.
Yeh, I went to fiji a few years ago on holiday and it was amazing. really is a beautiful place. Always said I wanted to go back. I'm not sure where in fiji they send you, the website and brochure don't really provide any detail about the projects.

I'm considering doing the fiji teaching project as like I said I would love to go back to Fiji. But then I'm also thinking that I would like to go to somewhere new, that Ive not been to before.

Ahh I can't decide. Defo want to do a teaching project though.
Reply 15
The conservation project looks really good though? I really want to work for them as i will have my dive instructor by the summer, and it seems pointless to pay to learn to dive when i could work, dont know how easy it would be to get a job.
hi. i went away with Frontier, though not to Fiji. i did have an amazing time but I wouldnt really recommend Frontier as a company:

I was told they would provide transport to my destination project. which they didnt. instead i had to navigate my own way using directions on a piece of paper i had been given - took 12hrs & wasnt safe at all. very complicated journey.

furthermore when i arrived i was told there was not enough space for me to stay on the project & so i had to live with a family in the village, issolated from everyone else.

also frontier is very over-priced. i found out the charity i worked with only actually charged £50 a week when id actually paid over £1000 for 4wks. so its best to go directly to a charity really.

despite this i had a wonderful time & it did encouarge be to be more independent & try backpacking for a while.
Thanks for your advice strawberry_sunshine. It's so hard to pick a company when they all make themselves sound amazing and when it's a country you don't know a lot about etc. Trying to decide what to do during my gap year is proving to be more difficult than I originally anticipated!
Reply 18
I was looking into Fiji or Ecuador projects with Frontier. Those who've been on these - are they good? Is Frontier really that overpriced and unreliable? panicing now! haha.

Latest