The Student Room Group

fear of becoming fat and impotent

Lately I have been growing neurotic again about my sex drive. I feel threatened because I feel like my dad's lifestyle will lower my sex drive (low protein/eats cake a lot/doesn't work out really) and make me fat.

I also feel like a girlfriend would be intolerant of this, the impotence would indeed be a dealbreaker. I also feel like complaining about erectile dysfunction, would be a deal breaker. Basically I believe I'm screwed if I can't get it up or talk about it.

But I think my parents want me to be like this because the whole family is and why should I be special?

I don't know what to do about this thought recurring. Being made impotent is a major insecurity

Sorry if I trigger anyone with an ED

edit: Why am I thinking about dad's libido again…

This morning Dad suggested I may needs medication for my obsessive thought processes and high levels of anxiety. I shared a concern about the side-effects (I meant stuff like erectile dysfunction) and he said it's wroth it if it'll stop it because I may never have an reship if I don't otherwise...
(edited 9 years ago)
This does not sound a healthy situation full stop.

What's stopping you doing your own meals / exercising etc?

Being fat does not stop you getting erections, but it's not a good idea to be seriously overweight.

Have you talked to anyone about whether or not you have obsessive thoughts / anxiety?
Original post by unprinted
This does not sound a healthy situation full stop.

What's stopping you doing your own meals / exercising etc?

Being fat does not stop you getting erections, but it's not a good idea to be seriously overweight.

Have you talked to anyone about whether or not you have obsessive thoughts / anxiety?

1. Can't cook, working towards

2. a) Hypochondria, panic attacks b) History of ED when anxiety first struck

It doesn't? I've been struggling to get it up after big meals. I'm nowhere near seriously overweight just going 'skinny fat'

Yes, you Mum Dad the doctor the mods everyone on the planet lol. Anxiety disorder, and (?) OCD. Feel I need medication
Cooking is a very useful life skill. There are a lot of good 'cooking for students' books that start from the basics.

Erections and anxiety don't mix. It often manifests as being worried about getting an erection which can make it a self-fulling prophecy.

Big meals are not conducive to sex, no matter what your size...

Quick Reply

Latest