The Student Room Group

Medicine 2015 Entry Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vickie89uk
Yes i cared for my father with MS so rarely attended school, which universities are these, i did ask previously on here but was told all schools require gcses

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

They'll understand and it's care
That's the best work experience you could have and youre showing dedication
You need gcses but they don't rank on theM
imperial to an extent Barts bsms keele Sheffield Newcastle Manchester
But then they're much more entrance exam heavy
Original post by Futuremedic2096
They'll understand and it's care
That's the best work experience you could have and youre showing dedication
You need gcses but they don't rank on theM
imperial to an extent Barts bsms keele Sheffield Newcastle Manchester
But then they're much more entrance exam heavy

I dont know how to place that in a PS without looking like i want sympathy, i wish i could get the 8 gcses so i could get southampton my hometown and be near my mum, i like ICL too.

I see lots of offer holders have like 5 AS AND 4 A2 that's a lot.
Hopefully they understand i have rent to pay and food to put on the table in the nicest possible way. I am determined.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont know how to place that in a PS without looking like i want sympathy, i wish i could get the 8 gcses so i could get southampton my hometown and be near my mum, i like ICL too.

I see lots of offer holders have like 5 AS AND 4 A2 that's a lot.
Hopefully they understand i have rent to pay and food to put on the table in the nicest possible way. I am determined.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would be placed on your reference by your referee
It would be placed on your reference by your referee

Ah ok so college tutor could do that even though they werent in my life back then?! Didnt realise

Thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah ok so college tutor could do that even though they werent in my life back then?! Didnt realise

Thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah
Yeah

Thank you i appreciate your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Out of interest what is an EPQ/FSM?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Out of interest what is an EPQ/FSM?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Extended project qualification
Like a self contained dissertation
fsm is free standing maths - bridges as and gcse math
Extended project qualification
Like a self contained dissertation
fsm is free standing maths - bridges as and gcse math

EPQ- Are they available to adults at college? Will research that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
EPQ- Are they available to adults at college? Will research that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Entirely dependent on your college
Entirely dependent on your college

Will be brockenhurst they offer it there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will be brockenhurst they offer it there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I'm from Southampton originally (working in London at the moment though) and my dad lives in Brock! I've got a BM4 offer from Southampton for this autumn, so excited! Have you looked into whether you would qualify for their BM6 course?
Original post by JenniB22
Hey! I'm from Southampton originally (working in London at the moment though) and my dad lives in Brock! I've got a BM4 offer from Southampton for this autumn, so excited! Have you looked into whether you would qualify for their BM6 course?

Yes i do qualify for BM6

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys,

I need some help now. I'm international from singapore. I really wanted Edinburgh but they didn't want me. I have an offer from Aberdeen and Manchester. I've no idea which to choose. I originally wanted Aberdeen because it is more lecture based and there would be remote and rural but Manchester fares much better across league tables. Any advice would be nice
Original post by Beef Steak
Guys,

I need some help now. I'm international from singapore. I really wanted Edinburgh but they didn't want me. I have an offer from Aberdeen and Manchester. I've no idea which to choose. I originally wanted Aberdeen because it is more lecture based and there would be remote and rural but Manchester fares much better across league tables. Any advice would be nice

League tables mean pretty much nothing from what I know. Go for the one where you think you'd prefer. If you prefer Aberdeen's teaching style and think you'd have a better time there, then go for them. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 75
My top two choices are glasgow and cardiff... Got offers from both but don't know what my top choice is. Anybody with some advice ? 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nerd44
My top two choices are glasgow and cardiff... Got offers from both but don't know what my top choice is. Anybody with some advice ? 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do a list of pros and cons

I.e closer to home, think about why they stood out to you, go to an open day at each

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed Glasgow tonight! Anyone else going there?
Ecstatic!
Just got my first offer, from kcl:biggrin:
They are medical admissions tests you take in your second year of A levels, most university/med schools require them search them online if you need more info dont worry about them for now because it's not a test that you can revise for. There are materials for it but will take a few weeks to work through so don't worry concentrate on your GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks Vicky 😄😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending