The Student Room Group

Help, how can i be funny?

I've come to the realise that I'm never intentionally funny. If I make people laugh, they usually laugh out of accident. Most of the time, I just take myself and life seriously and am too self concise in public. My friends say I'm boring. I don't know any jokes to tell and usually never remember any. But I wanna change. Help me become funny. What does it take to be funny? Experienced, jokers? Please also share some funny joke you know on thread. Hehe, thanks.:biggrin:
What's green and fuzzy, has 4 legs and could kill you if it fell out of a tree?

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by brittanna
What's green and fuzzy, has 4 legs and could kill you if it fell out of a tree?

Spoiler

Haha, not bad, i was grinning until I saw the spoiler? Are pool tables
fuzzy?
Original post by sooyoung*
Haha, not bad, i was grinning until I saw the spoiler? Are pool tables
fuzzy?

The green fuzzy stuff is fuzzy, yeah. Although the wooden non-fuzzy bit isn't as fuzzy as the green fuzzy bit.
Reply 4
Original post by brittanna
The green fuzzy stuff is fuzzy, yeah. Although the wooden non-fuzzy bit isn't as fuzzy as the green fuzzy bit.

Lol
Why did no one bid for Rudolph or Blitzen on ebay?

Cause they were too Deer...

Try not to take life seriously, and observe the funny side to everything. People are more likely to laugh with someone like that trust me.
Reply 6
stop trying
I've come to the realise that I'm never intentionally funny. If I make people laugh, they usually laugh out of accident. Most of the time, I just take myself and life seriously and am too self concise in public. My friends say I'm boring. I don't know any jokes to tell and usually never remember any. But I wanna change. Help me become funny. What does it take to be funny? Experienced, jokers? Please also share some funny joke you know on thread. Hehe, thanks.:biggrin:

sooyoung is love, sooyoung is life
snsd daebak
Reply 8
Original post by Kaiju
stop trying

no, out of the question, people adore you more if you can make them laugh and it helps you come across better. I'm often misunderstood.
this is my favorite joke:

Which of Shakespeare's plays features insects in the title ?

Spoiler

Reply 10
You don't remember a set of jokes and recite them to be funny...
'Funny' is a trait which never comes by recitation of jokes or trying to a certain extent, it comes naturally. Just try to relax OP, and don't worry as I'm in the same position..
Reply 12
no, out of the question, people adore you more if you can make them laugh and it helps you come across better. I'm often misunderstood.

Yeah, and most people subconciously pick up on forced behaviours without even realising. It comes off as fake and awkward.

you're a woman, you don't have to worry about this ****. It's a bonus if you are hilarious (Miranda/French and Saunders/Karen Gillian (?) etc.) but not a prerequisite. You can make friends by just talking to people

Uh don't 'try' to be funny, just be you. Not everyone has to be funny, and jokes are meant to be natural anyway. And why are your friends calling you boring, that's a bit rude :redface:
Reply 15
Original post by lazershus
Uh don't 'try' to be funny, just be you. Not everyone has to be funny, and jokes are meant to be natural anyway. And why are your friends calling you boring, that's a bit rude :redface:

well, it's also because i don't really like to go out much, so they find me a bit boring :redface:
well, it's also because i don't really like to go out much, so they find me a bit boring :redface:

I really really hate that, I hate how some people think you have to go out a lot and do certain things to be considered interesting. Personally, I wouldn't even waste my time with someone who thought I was boring because I had different interests from them. Anyway as long as you haven't convinced yourself that you're boring then it's ok.

But seriously don't waste your time worrying about being funny, I'm sure you have other great personality traits, if being naturally funny isn't one of them.

Quick Reply

Latest