The Student Room Group

Fp integration ends up with something I've never seen

I'm doing question 3 page 93 of the aqa fp3 booklet. I've managed part a i) but cannot do part ii).

Ive looked at the answer and I know from just looking that I wouldn't have a clue. I've also tried an online integrator but it seems to hang up. I have noticed that the blue formula booklet has something in the differentiation section that looks a bit close but I've still not cracked it.

Are these types on integration typical of FP3 and if so can anyone recommend and practice resources.
Original post by maggiehodgson
I'm doing question 3 page 93 of the aqa fp3 booklet. I've managed part a i) but cannot do part ii).

Ive looked at the answer and I know from just looking that I wouldn't have a clue. I've also tried an online integrator but it seems to hang up. I have noticed that the blue formula booklet has something in the differentiation section that looks a bit close but I've still not cracked it.

Are these types on integration typical of FP3 and if so can anyone recommend and practice resources.

Please can you post the question for us and your working for part i. :smile:
Original post by rayquaza17
Please can you post the question for us and your working for part i. :smile:

No idea why they are upside down I'll try again
(edited 9 years ago)
I think your mistake is this: 1x21x2=11x2\frac{\sqrt{1-x^{2}}}{1-x^{2}}=\frac{1}{\sqrt{1-x^{2}}}
Original post by rayquaza17
I think your mistake is this: 1x21x2=11x2\frac{\sqrt{1-x^{2}}}{1-x^{2}}=\frac{1}{\sqrt{1-x^{2}}}

You are so right. What a silly thing to do.

Next question. That integration is in the blue formula book. Thanks so much.

Quick Reply

Latest