The Student Room Group

Cancer causing hickeys?

I've been told that hickeys cause cancer or something because they burst blood vessels? Surely this is *******s? I thought it only created the bruise by harming blood vessels. How would that cause cancer?
I think it's crap too. It's basically a bruise and they're not saying, for example, that you'll get "leg cancer" because you fell over a lot as a toddler.
I very much doubt that this has any truth in it. Though personally I can never understand why people are like "I love you so much that I want to suck your neck until it bursts" I mean.. really?
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I very much doubt that this has any truth in it. Though personally I can never understand why people are like "I love you so much that I want to suck your neck until it bursts" I mean.. really?

Well, it's not always deliberate - my boyfriend sometimes just gets carried away.... and for me, it's not something I do in the heat of the moment, I just think it's fun to make him go to work with love bites on his neck.... :colone:

As for the OP, repeated injury to any part of the body is going to be bad for it, but as long as you're not sucking exactly the same bit of skin several times a week, then I would imagine that it's not going to be a problem.
And ****ing makes you go blind...

Got to love unqualified diagnosis's

Quick Reply

Latest