The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Human Biology [6th Jan 2015]

So just for starters does anyone have a prediction for what might come up?
(edited 9 years ago)
So guys how do you think this exam went??. I thought it was a bit tricky.
it was a bit tricky, a lot of stuff aren't even in the book? how are you preparing for this friday's?
Original post by blueberry389
it was a bit tricky, a lot of stuff aren't even in the book? how are you preparing for this friday's?

Yea I agree, can you remember what you put down for the describe the growth pattern question where they gave you the graph?

For paper 2 I'm just going to go over the things that wasn't in yesterdays paper and the experiments.
yeah that question! would you say it's the hardest paper you've done so far? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh what I put down... I talked about ossification and hormones like I oestrogen and testosterone just 'cause I didn't know what to right :/ what did you?
oh and the ear question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah that question! would you say it's the hardest paper you've done so far? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say the hardest paper but it was quite difficult, hopefully paper 2 will be easier.

oh what I put down... I talked about ossification and hormones like I oestrogen and testosterone just 'cause I didn't know what to right :/ what did you?
oh and the ear question!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just put down things about oestrogen and testosterone. And for the ear question, I knew what the ear ossicles were called, but I didn't revise the shape of them so I just put down random shapes and labelled them in the right order so hopefully I get some marks.
kinda nervous about tomorrow :/ what topics do you think is gonna come up?
Original post by IGCSEKid
I wouldn't say the hardest paper but it was quite difficult, hopefully paper 2 will be easier.

I just put down things about oestrogen and testosterone. And for the ear question, I knew what the ear ossicles were called, but I didn't revise the shape of them so I just put down random shapes and labelled them in the right order so hopefully I get some marks.

The ossicles are named after their shape, funnily enough! They're in the shape of a hammer, anvil and stirrup. Their actual name is just the Latin of those 3 words. :tongue:
Reply 9
What has everyone been revising for tomorrow's exam. Any predictions on what might come up?
how was it guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IGCSEKid
Yea I agree, can you remember what you put down for the describe the growth pattern question where they gave you the graph?

For paper 2 I'm just going to go over the things that wasn't in yesterdays paper and the experiments.

I had IGCSE Paper 1 Yesterday and I don't know what to revise for paper 2....
kinda nervous about tomorrow :/ what topics do you think is gonna come up?

I'm stuck on what to revise for Paper 2 tomorrow :/
Reply 13
Hi- I sat paper 1 yest too. How did you find it? I'm struggling to know what to revise for tomorrow as well. I must admit I wasn't expecting so many 3 and 4 mark questions- ran out of time! And such an emphasis on the environment top which is not my strong point. Dreading results day!
Original post by Lm1988
Hi- I sat paper 1 yest too. How did you find it? I'm struggling to know what to revise for tomorrow as well. I must admit I wasn't expecting so many 3 and 4 mark questions- ran out of time! And such an emphasis on the environment top which is not my strong point. Dreading results day!

Yeah I didn't like that, urm paper 1 was awful, i didn't like the topics I thought there would be more about gas exchange and the circulatory system and omg the brain!, well my tutor basically said revise everything again on the specification still and remember to revise practical questions
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
What are your thoughts on paper 2 tomorrow?
Original post by Lm1988
What are your thoughts on paper 2 tomorrow?

Dunno, i'm going to go over everything again and i'm looking up past paper 2 and revising over practical questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending