The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Child nursing Oct 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kregan1
I have an interview at york on the 7th of feb does anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg I might see you there!
University of York
York
Reply 21
I wish I saw this thread earlier! My application when through on the 15th November and only recently got an email last friday (6th)! My interview is on the 5th March. Anyone else? Also, what was the dress code?
Hiii 😊 did you find out with a letter through the post or just ucas? Xx
Reply 23
I got an email on the 6th saying that i had an interview on the 5th March and that I will be getting my information package through the post. It arrived on the 10th saying what time my interview is, the structure of the day, an envelope to put a second reference in, and this sheet of paper about whether ive previously been registered etc.
Reply 24
Original post by Carinasabs
Hiii ������ did you find out with a letter through the post or just ucas? Xx

ucas and an email and then a few days later a letter came through x
Original post by Chelsea1996
Hi there, I've been offered a place for child nursing at the University of York starting in Oct 2015, i'm just wondering if anyone else has applied for child nursing or any other nursing here, also wondering if anyone else has a place?

If anyone needs any help or has any questions just ask Xxx

Hello :smile: I've been offered a place for mental health Nursing and have just confirmed it as my first choice. Is your offer unconditional or conditional? and congrats by the way!
Hi! Congratulations on your offers!! X
I applied back in November for Adult Nursing and still haven't heard anything! How long did it take for York to get back to whether you have been rejected or offered an interview. It's my last university to hear back from! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LozzyBaddick
Hi! Congratulations on your offers!! X
I applied back in November for Adult Nursing and still haven't heard anything! How long did it take for York to get back to whether you have been rejected or offered an interview. It's my last university to hear back from! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi...i applied oct...did not hear anything until january for an interview 7th feb(sat)had offer on the following tuesday.So took a while for response but at least they made a quick decision which was brilliant.Nottingham were fast with offers as well....still waiting for northumbria from nov interview
Reply 28
I've got an interview with York at the end of March for adult nursing.

I think York is probably my 1st choice, so if I ever got offered a place, I think I'll snap it up. (Fingers crossed!)

In regards to the 6c's - do they ask you relate it to yourself, or how you use them?

And in the group discussion - do you all mingle in with your views? Does the nursing professionals ask you questions personally in front of the group?
x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by lilzalu
I've got an interview with York at the end of March for adult nursing.

I think York is probably my 1st choice, so if I ever got offered a place, I think I'll snap it up. (Fingers crossed!)

In regards to the 6c's - do they ask you relate it to yourself, or how you use them?

And in the group discussion - do you all mingle in with your views? Does the nursing professionals ask you questions personally in front of the group?
x

When have you got an interview? I have one on the 27th!
I'm the same in regards to snapping up an offer from them, agh so nervous!
anyone got an offer for child?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
does anyone know the usual time it takes for a response of an offer from York? preferably mental health nursing?
they told us it should be by the end of March, possibly April, and my interview was mixed across all 4 branches so I assume it's the same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
I just got my offer today so you might get yours soon! My interview was on the 5th March
Original post by KKo
I just got my offer today so you might get yours soon! My interview was on the 5th March

Is this for children's? my interview was the 7th x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by colgateholgate
Is this for children's? my interview was the 7th x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep!
that makes me nervous hahaa hopefully I'll get mine soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
i had mine february 7th and still waiting, so nervous because its such a small intake🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Just got my offer through from york for mental health nursing! Only took around a week, very organised!
Reply 39
Original post by Chelsea1996
Hello there, I sent my ucas off at the beginning of October and by December I still hadn't heard anything, on yorks website it says they try to contact you within 6-10 weeks, as it had been more than this time, I rang them and they told me I had an interview schedules and it obviously hadn't gone onto my ucas for some reason. So they asked for my address and email and sent me everything that way. I then had my interview on Monday 15th dec and heard I had a place on Wednesday 17th dec so only two days after which was a shock.

In the group interview they placed my group a YouTube clip of an elderly man in a care home with dementia taking about the care he received. We then just had to discuss it, if you look further up the thread I think I've explained in more detail about the lay out of the day as well.

For the individual interviews it's just general questions, why you want to be a child's nurse, why that uni, what experience do you have, the 5 Cs, what qualities you carry.

Also you don't have to do a maths or an English test, and the way the interview you is just laid out so professionally it's just a lovely day.

Good luck with everything, keep me informed with how it all goes for you x

Hi chelsea I've just got a question. When you mentioned about the 6c's. Do they ask how we use them in day to day life, at work or in general? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending