The Student Room Group

My Girlfriend of nearly 3 years just cheated on me. should i forgive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingStannis
I'd give the girl one last chance. To be honest her guilt might actually save the relationship.

As for the guy. get some boys in with some pliers and a blow torch, and get Medieval on his arse. I swear to God i'd make the **** suffer.

So you'd give the cheating girlfriend another chance, but the random guy who has no absolutely no obligation to you should be tortured? You seem like a totally rational human being.
Original post by Zargabaath
So you'd give the cheating girlfriend another chance, but the random guy who has no absolutely no obligation to you should be tortured? You seem like a totally rational human being.

I wouldn't want to lose my gf of 3 whom I love, and I'd want to beat up the ****er who knowingly blackmailed my longterm gf into having sex. If that makes me irrational then i don't even care.
I wouldn't want to lose my gf of 3 whom I love, and I'd want to beat up the ****er who knowingly blackmailed my longterm gf into having sex.

Did you even read the OP? She didn't have sex with him.

If that makes me irrational then i don't even care.

Haha enjoy your criminal charges and the fact she'll probably cheat on you again anyway
Did you even read the OP? She didn't have sex with him.

Haha enjoy your criminal charges and the fact she'll probably cheat on you again anyway

he tried to get a girl who is in a relationship to have sex with him through black mail. That's a beat-the-crap-out-of-himable offence in my book. If i were careful he couldn't prove it was me if he was inclined to press charges.

If she cheated on me again i'd get rid, but she wouldn't necessarily do it again. In a long term relationship I have a one chance rule, even though i'd be pretty distraught.
he tried to get a girl who is in a relationship to have sex with him through black mail. That's a beat-the-crap-out-of-himable offence in my book. If i were careful he couldn't prove it was me if he was inclined to press charges.

If she cheated on me again i'd get rid, but she wouldn't necessarily do it again. In a long term relationship I have a one chance rule, even though i'd be pretty distraught.

I don't understand how you can't see that she's more at fault here. If she hadn't been flirting with him in the first place, he would've never even been in a position to blackmail her. Even after all of that she could've just you know.. not sent the nudes. I bet OP would've been much more forgiving if she just told him in the first place.

She went behind OP's back and flirted with another guy on her own accord.
I don't understand how you can't see that she's more at fault here. If she hadn't been flirting with him in the first place, he would've never even been in a position to blackmail her. Even after all of that she could've just you know.. not sent the nudes. I bet OP would've been much more forgiving if she just told him in the first place.

She went behind OP's back and flirted with another guy on her own accord.

It would have been easier for her to sleep with him than tell her bf to be fair. But as said, i have a one chance rule. Also, black mailing for sex is much worse than flirting ffs.
It would have been easier for her to sleep with him than tell her bf to be fair. But as said, i have a one chance rule. Also, black mailing for sex is much worse than flirting ffs.

He didn't blackmail her for sex though, he blackmailed her for nudes and she obliged.
She still instigated the whole affair and for that she is to blame. She was stupid enough to not just come clean to OP.
Original post by Anonymous
She wont stop messaging me about how shes been living in fear that he would tell me.

Block her. Have some self respect and just cut all contact.

I was actually in the exact same situation where I had a depressed gf, but she was flirting with a guy constantly, and said 'they were only friends' and that she 'wasn't flirting'. She was friends with the guy for years, and everyone knew he was in love with her, she told me that before we got together so I wouldn't be 'weirded out'. I later found out she shagged him ("I was drunk and you were at work and I was lonely") and afterwards was 'blackmailed' into sending him nude pics - despite the fact it was like a week before hand, and she changed her story to "I was feeling ugly and needed cheering up and you were sleeping (IN THE BED RIGHT NEXT TO HER)"

That wasn't a fun afternoon to find all of that out in the space of literally 10 mins. She was swiftly shown the door and her things burned. :smile:
Reply 48
She flirted and sent some pictures?

On the cheating scale, I give that 1.5/10.

Big deal.
She claims she was forced into all of this and whenever she refused he would threaten to tell me.

but it would've been so much easier to explain the flirting than the nudes. This was a very poor decision on her part.
but it would've been so much easier to explain the flirting than the nudes. This was a very poor decision on her part.

"Was" being the operative word, given the age of the thread.
Original post by ageshallnot
"Was" being the operative word, given the age of the thread.

I realized after i posted XD dudes probably long since forgotten about this thread.

i'll just be here, trying to forget that i tried to help out with a problem that happened five years ago

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending