Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

Account suspended: too many invalid login attempts.

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I keep getting this message when logging onto track:

Account suspended: too many invalid login attempts.

The thing is... I don't remember get my password wrong even once...

My whole application isn't cancelled right? Anyone have more info on this? PQ? Juno?

I'm a bit freaked right now...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ucas.com/appenq/faq.html#1

"Please email webmaster@ucas.ac.uk outlining the nature of the difficulties that you are experiencing"
    You could telephone them too though... I'd call them tomorrow.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I could be wrong, but I think I read something saying that if you get your password wrong five times, you'll be locked out for that day, but you can log in again the next day. If you're sure you haven't got your password wrong, that would suggest someone else has been trying to log into your account, either to try and get access to it or purposely getting it wrong so your account gets locked.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When it says account suspended it just means that the log-in is suspended and not the actual application has been cancelled. For this to happen though someone would need to know your application number and username :confused:

Who has access to this information and is a foe of yours?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That happened to me a few times (quite a lot actually, lol), you either have to wait for tomorrow, or you can ring them up and tell them to unlock it (if your applying as an individual), but if your doing it through your school you can just go to your tutor or whoever is coordinating the UCAS Applications (at our school it was the senior tutors), and tell them to unlock your account (they can do it instantly online when they login as staff).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I called UCAS myself (even though I'm applying through a school) and they unlocked it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    glad to hear squire. who was the mystery enemy?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oriel04)
    glad to hear squire. who was the mystery enemy?
    Yet to figure out who the idiot was....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    who would have access to your UCAS letter to know your username and account number? basically that answers it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oriel04)
    who would have access to your UCAS letter to know your username and account number? basically that answers it.
    Possibly my flatmate - I doubt he'd do it though... then again... he used to be quite the sycophant.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    busted!

have it out with him,

fisty cuffs down regents park

stick it on youtube for tsr's to see.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the reason this happens is because your web browser tries to auto-complete uour login information and log in for you. ucas does not allow the personal ID number to be auto-completed, hence, an invalid login attempt.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2010
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.