The Student Room Group

How do I move on?

I need some advice everyone...

I have been trying to move on and forget about her. It ended a while ago but it was quite messy. But I'm not bothered about how it ended, to tell the truth I don't have any feelings of hatred towards her, nor do I like her however. The problem is, I often get asked about it and dragged into conversations about it. Worse still are those conversations where I'm just getting sympathy for the way she treated me. I really don't need any sympathy and I don't want to hold on to the past. But I just can't seem to escape situations where someone brings it up and it just brings back all the feelings of hurt I had managed to get over. What do I do?
Strangely enough I'm the same boat as you because we had and still do have mutual friends. I honestly can't help you but the close friends I have that are also friends with her are respectful enough to not mention her unless it's absolutely necessary. Maybe you need to have a word with them and let them know how it is making you feel
"I don't want to talk about it. By the way, did you hear about [favourite football team/TV show/recent event]..."
Reply 3
Tell them to not mention her?
I was kinda in the same situation as you back in June. I know this may sound a bit cliche but seriously, keep yourself busy with other stuff. In August,while I was still thinking about my guy, I went off to Wales to climb Mount Snowdon and then I was sports coaching kids afterwards. I realised after that I hadn't even thought about him. Now,if anyone mentions him,I don't really care that much.So to you, my best bit of advice would be to keep yourself busy which will allow you to hopefully get over her and next time someone mentions this girl, you won't be too bothered.
Good luck!x

Quick Reply