The Student Room Group

Interviews

How many people come out of an interview thinking they didn't say half the things they wanted to or messed up or said the wrong things?
Reply 1
And they all never hear from the company again?
Reply 2
So the one that gets the job is the one who didn't feel that way after an interview.
Original post by Ybsy75
So the one that gets the job is the one who didn't feel that way after an interview.

Not really, what you consider to be 'the wrong things' may actually be what the employer is looking for. In fact, a lot of people think that they did very well in an interview, only to find out they didn't get the job. Life.
Reply 4
Original post by J-SP
Probably not. I've felt interviews have gone badly before and still got the job. The amount of people I've hired who have later told me they thought they screwed up the interview suggests it's pretty common for people to assume they wouldn't get it where they think their performance was bad, when it was ok.

It's the same over analysis people get when they get out of exams. They tend to think the worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Always happens with exams for me. I always do better than I thought I did and it gets worse when you talk about the exam with your friends and realise you got so many questions wrong
Reply 5
Original post by J-SP
Probably not. I've felt interviews have gone badly before and still got the job. The amount of people I've hired who have later told me they thought they screwed up the interview suggests it's pretty common for people to assume they wouldn't get it where they think their performance was bad, when it was ok.

It's the same over analysis people get when they get out of exams. They tend to think the worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Always happens with exams for me. I always do better than I thought I did and it gets worse when you talk about the exam with your friends and realise you got so many questions wrong

And does anyone feel that when a question has 2 parts that they forgot to answer the 2nd part of the question in an interview?
Reply 6
It goes away with practice OP.

I went to an interview before Christmas (the first proper one in about 4 years) and started off very nervy and less than perfect with my answers but by the end It was rolling off my tongue and I got the job.

Years ago when I was going to interviews more often I never really had nerves and was very good.

Quick Reply

Latest