The Student Room Group

Would you ever consider dating someone through TSR?

As the title says, assuming you had never met them prior to seeing them on TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, have done before.
I came close. Have Would you?
I would garner there are a few elites such as Reue above, Plantagenet etc. which the girls on here would find attractive, the general opinion (from observation on the most blunt Relationships forum over the years) of the rest of the guys here, however, is that they are all pathetic ugly betas with no balls, no social skills, no money, no talent and no lives.

I myself was once NOT one of them, after having been somewhat beta until I was about 11 years old. I worked hard to escape it and, while always defeated by my older brother, made some progress. But since entering depression I have become the TSR omega male. Not in looks-I am skinny/slim, not very muscular but not fat-in personality I am omega.

I am trying to find a way out of this which is not unreasonable for someone in my state; I'm finding little middle ground at present between being the almighty Alpha Male and the quivering wreck I currently am in my PJs in the foetal position by the computer.

So in practice I don't think women would date the vast majority of boys on TSR, for they are either indeed merely boys or simply beta FAs like my present depressed self.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reue is a moderator, he meets other TSR users in person every day
Reply 5
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I would garner there are a few elites such as Reue above, Plantagenet etc. which the girls on here would find attractive, the general opinion (from observation on the most blunt Relationships forum over the years) of the rest of the guys here, however, is that they are all pathetic ugly betas with no balls, no social skills, no money, no talent and no lives.

I myself was once NOT one of them, after having been somewhat beta until I was about 11 years old. I worked hard to escape it and, while always defeated by my older brother, made some progress. But since entering depression I have become the TSR omega male. Not in looks-I am skinny/slim, not very muscular but not fat-in personality I am omega.

I am trying to find a way out of this which is not unreasonable for someone in my state; I'm finding little middle ground at present between being the almighty Alpha Male and the quivering wreck I currently am in my PJs in the foetal position by the computer.

So in practice I don't think women would date the vast majority of boys on TSR, for they are either indeed merely boys or simply beta FAs like my present depressed self.

So what you're saying is you would but don't think anyone on here would like you? Don't be so down, I'm sure there's people on here that are perfect for you! :hugs:

Original post by shawn_o1
I came close. Have Would you?

Erm I guess it would be a bit strange at first but I think I would consider it. :smile:
I do not think i will hahha
If i cant see you personally than that is out of the case

How can someone find another person attractive without seeing them?
Reply 9
Original post by German123
How can someone find another person attractive without seeing them?

Attraction isnt only based upon looks. However typically you will swap photos etc before eventually meeting.
Definitely.
Original post by Reue
Attraction isnt only based upon looks. However typically you will swap photos etc before eventually meeting.

Yes i do know this but with regards to the thread i still wont.

Edit: I guess people are different but personally for me being with strangers will be akward.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
No. If I wanted an online girlfriend I'd get a Nintendo DS and a copy of LovePlus.
Original post by shawn_o1
Reue is a moderator, he meets other TSR users in person every day

Moderators always get first dibs with the ladies.

Cool story brah, needs more self-confidence. Also, bit in bold is completely and utterly untrue...

Spoiler

Original post by the bear
Moderators always get first dibs with the ladies.

Can confirm Moderators scheme to ban all the 10/10 males to push themselves up the genepool of TSR and remove competition.
Original post by Arkasia
Can confirm Moderators scheme to ban all the 10/10 males to push themselves up the genepool of TSR and remove competition.

dat Darwinism in acshun
Original post by the bear
dat Darwinism in acshun

Dem mods be alpha Galapagos tortoises.
Original post by ClaraOswald
So what you're saying is you would but don't think anyone on here would like you? Don't be so down, I'm sure there's people on here that are perfect for you! :hugs:

Erm I guess it would be a bit strange at first but I think I would consider it. :smile:

not at present. I had a few events happen to me which I haven't yet adapted to. I'm also trying to ascertain what women my age find attractive (beyond the elusive 'confidence') and I just know my unemployment and current addiction to TSR isn't one of them :/

I go around in my head a bit, I know I have potential but I actually now (bizarrely, after having never questioned it until now) resent having to use it? I see that attraction is a game, and why must we all play it? Sometimes I get really argumentative and on one of my old accounts it came back as me apparently whining and feeling sorry for myself a lot. Hence my reservation at what you say :redface:

but thank you for your sympathy, it seems my fishing for compliments strategy worked :tongue:

Original post by Arkasia
Cool story brah, needs more self-confidence. Also, bit in bold is completely and utterly untrue...

Spoiler

You are making literally the same sort of deflective and self-deprecating yet witty remarks I showered my Facebook with until c. summer 2013, I'm trying to gauge what happened then for me to stop and go 'full beta'
not at present. I had a few events happen to me which I haven't yet adapted to. I'm also trying to ascertain what women my age find attractive (beyond the elusive 'confidence') and I just know my unemployment and current addiction to TSR isn't one of them :/

I go around in my head a bit, I know I have potential but I actually now (bizarrely, after having never questioned it until now) resent having to use it? I see that attraction is a game, and why must we all play it? Sometimes I get really argumentative and on one of my old accounts it came back as me apparently whining and feeling sorry for myself a lot. Hence my reservation at what you say :redface:

but thank you for your sympathy, it seems my fishing for compliments strategy worked :tongue:

You are making literally the same sort of deflective and self-deprecating yet witty remarks I showered my Facebook with until c. summer 2013, I'm trying to gauge what happened then for me to stop and go 'full beta'

You went full beta. Never go full beta.

Srs trying to work out if that means pre-2013 you were cool like me (less likely), or now I am uncool like you (likely).

Quick Reply

Latest