The Student Room Group

How is my Ex over me so quickly?

Hey,
Basically, I broke up with my ex on Sunday because he continued to use a dating site behind my back. It absolutely broke my heart. We got into an argument so I left it for around 5 days before I text him again.

I told him he was a memory I will always cherish and that he was the first person I felt I connected to on a deep, emotional level. He text back saying he was going to sleep and would text me in the morning, he never did.

He’s not bothered to contact me, and all over Facebook he’s been adding new guys and liking their pictures etc. I have tried to come out of this as the bigger person, admitting to him there will always be a special place for him in my heart. He has just ignored my feelings and has carried on as though I was nothing to him.

He was the first person I fell in love with and my heart is completely shattered at the moment. He’s kept me on Facebook but I have un-followed him as I can’t bear to see his updates of how happy he is without me.

Any insight? Thanks for reading
Show him how well you are doing without him. Make him be the one wondering why you haven't contacted him. First loves always hurt, we've all been there and those who haven't yet have it to come. Keep busy and try not to dwell. Best of luck.
A assume you're a girl? (Maybe you're gay dno), but guys tend to be this way. We get over things very very quickly and are not sentimental about things.

(edit: oh I saw you ARE gay, so I don't know)
(edited 9 years ago)
As someone already said, men tend to get over things fast.
People grieve in different ways, this could just be his way of doing it? Pushing everything away, you never know what will happen. Just go with it, things could turn around for the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
He probably isn't, sounds like empty words, but it may well be true. Maybe his way of coping is to be very in-your-face and make lots of new 'temporary' friends?

Sounds harsh but he isn't your concern now, you should be focussing on yourself.
According to your post history, you've only been in the relattionship for 4 weeks LOL
So what? James manc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by JamesManc
According to your post history, you've only been in the relattionship for 4 weeks LOL

And that is funny because? This is an important issue for the OP don't be so dismissive, we're dealing with emotions :cross:
Original post by ShyLife
Hey,
Basically, I broke up with my ex on Sunday because he continued to use a dating site behind my back. It absolutely broke my heart. We got into an argument so I left it for around 5 days before I text him again.

I told him he was a memory I will always cherish and that he was the first person I felt I connected to on a deep, emotional level. He text back saying he was going to sleep and would text me in the morning, he never did.

He’s not bothered to contact me, and all over Facebook he’s been adding new guys and liking their pictures etc. I have tried to come out of this as the bigger person, admitting to him there will always be a special place for him in my heart. He has just ignored my feelings and has carried on as though I was nothing to him.

He was the first person I fell in love with and my heart is completely shattered at the moment. He’s kept me on Facebook but I have un-followed him as I can’t bear to see his updates of how happy he is without me.

OP, people are so temporary. The sooner you learn to realise it the better. You can't rely on anyone but yourself,I learnt it the harder way.

Love is personal, and whether you've been with someone for 4 weeks or 4 years nobody else can say that they don't understand what real love is because it's not methodical

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Thanks for backing me up guys. I know 4 weeks is nothing but he was the first person I was with. I'm 22 and have always been to afraid to find love in fear of getting hurt, and it happened. I know I shouldn't be dwelling over this but it's a pain I haven't ever felt before.
Original post by ShyLife
Hey,

You sound quite young and at your age (especially with guys) people wildly vastly in maturity. It sounds as if you're ready to have a meaningful relationship and commit to somebody whereas he just wasn't. I'd be surprised if he moves straight from you into a meaningful, long-term relationship - it sounds like he wants to have his fun with a lot of people. So I doubt it is personal - obviously it hurts if somebody is special to you not feeling special to them, but try not to take it personally and just recognise that you are more emotionally mature right now and want something more committed. There will be somebody who can offer you that and it will feel great when it happens. In the long-run you sound more emotionally stable and are likely to be happier than he ever will be.
Original post by ShyLife
Thanks for backing me up guys. I know 4 weeks is nothing but he was the first person I was with. I'm 22 and have always been to afraid to find love in fear of getting hurt, and it happened. I know I shouldn't be dwelling over this but it's a pain I haven't ever felt before.

4 weeks is something if you developed deep feelings, it's good to grieve; get it out of your system - of course you're going to be hurt, it's understandable. However you will overcome it x

Posted from TSR Mobile
A assume you're a girl? (Maybe you're gay dno), but guys tend to be this way. We get over things very very quickly and are not sentimental about things.

(edit: oh I saw you ARE gay, so I don't know)

What a load of tosh. Men are usually the ones who get hung up over these things way more than women do. Women are usually sleeping with a new man the next day.
I don't really think you can stereotype both women and men, everybody is different and their emotions don't depend on their gender

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending