The Student Room Group

Attracted to the one that got away

When I was at university there's this extremely hot guy who seemed really attracted to me. I kind of feel he's one that got away because he dropped so many hints that he was interested in me, but I was too shy to reciprocate.

It looks like I might be meeting him for the first time in four years at a professional event in a few weeks. I just wonder if he will still be attracted to me.

If he is still attracted and he does try it on, I just wonder how to respond. I'm not a fast girl and also I will be with work colleagues, including my manager so I don't want to create a reputation for myself. I notice he's still single on fb

I want to recipriocate interest without 'pulling' in the physical sense.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slim and proud
When I was at university there's this extremely hot guy who seemed really attracted to me. I kind of feel he's one that got away because he dropped so many hints that he was interested in me, but I was too shy to reciprocate.

It looks like I might be meeting him for the first time in four years at a professional event in a few weeks. I just wonder if he will still be attracted to me.

If he is still attracted and he does try it on, I just wonder how to respond. I'm not a fast girl and also I will be with work colleagues, including my manager so I don't want to create a reputation for myself. I notice he's still single on fb

Just be yourself and remain calm but act fast because you never know what will happen if you leave it too long and you may not see him again for a while
Slim and proud and ready for love :wink:
Good luck
Original post by shawn_o1
Slim and proud and ready for love :wink:
Good luck

Lol that made me laugh.

I don't know how to act though. Should I be flirty? Over years I've naturally developed friendships with some guys at work purely through working together, but I'm not attracted to them in that sense.

I want to follow that same model of developing a friendship, but knowing I'm also attracted to him might make it difficult.
Original post by queen-bee
Just be yourself and remain calm but act fast because you never know what will happen if you leave it too long and you may not see him again for a while

True. If he seems interested, will definitely make sure I keep in touch this time.

If he's dropping hints at wanting to pull, then that might make me run away. How do I respond to such hints?
True. If he seems interested, will definitely make sure I keep in touch this time.

If he's dropping hints at wanting to pull, then that might make me run away. How do I respond to such hints?

Act accordingly,not too desperate but at the same time not playing hard to get. Body language is also everything just let it flow rather than force it. Well if he did would you accept it or not?
Original post by queen-bee
Act accordingly,not too desperate but at the same time not playing hard to get. Body language is also everything just let it flow rather than force it. Well if he did would you accept it or not?

Probably won't accept it, not ideal because I'll be traveling with my manager and colleagues on a business trip. I have to behave professionally, so I won't even be getting too drunk at the event. Would definitely be open to meeting in with him at a later date after the event though.
He moved on.
Here's a radical idea. Why not ask him?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Here's a radical idea. Why not ask him?

Ask him what exactly?
Ask him what exactly?

I dunno :dontknow:

I thought you liked him.

Could ask him if you wanted to meet up some time. Plus then you would be away from the whole formal work set up.
Well that's exciting! I think you should just relax and go with the flow. If things look like they are going up them why not ask if you wanted to meet up some other time. Well best of luck anyway :smile:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I dunno :dontknow:

I thought you liked him.

Could ask him if you wanted to meet up some time. Plus then you would be away from the whole formal work set up.

Yeah, but my question is.

Scenario one: Still likes me and is too full on.

How do I react? I'm not a one niter type, but I like him. I'm not a pulling type and I'd like to think that I'm past that pubercent behaviour. Also, he might just be after sex.

Scenario two: Still interested and isn't full on, perhaps wants to meet up at a later date.

Perfect!

Scenario three: no longer interested

I can easily move on.
Original post by rosebud114
Well that's exciting! I think you should just relax and go with the flow. If things look like they are going up them why not ask if you wanted to meet up some other time. Well best of luck anyway :smile:

Thank you. I'm kind of envisaging a mills and boon type of romantic hook up lol, well that's if he still has feelings for me.
Thank you. I'm kind of envisaging a mills and boon type of romantic hook up lol, well that's if he still has feelings for me.

Well why not. You have no idea what's install yet :smile: Is it weird that I am experiencing some second hand excitement? (I have an inner romantic, I'm sure of it).
Yeah, but my question is.

Scenario one: Still likes me and is too full on.

How do I react? I'm not a one niter type, but I like him. I'm not a pulling type and I'd like to think that I'm past that pubercent behaviour. Also, he might just be after sex.

Scenario two: Still interested and isn't full on, perhaps wants to meet up at a later date.

Perfect!

Scenario three: no longer interested

I can easily move on.

Just make scenario two happen if scenario one happens. If he likes you he isn't just going to go off you just because you wont have sex with him there and then. If he does then he is an idiot and it is a good thing you filtered him out. Win win.

Please give us an update after you meet.

Yeah as others are saying, update us when you meet :biggrin: I'm in exactly the same situation but the only difference is I'm still at uni and I'll see this guy after 2 more weeks of holidays. I can't wait but I'm soo nervous at the same time.

Good luck! Don't let him get away this time
Original post by Da Di Doo
Please give us an update after you meet.

Haha, I will.
Original post by tammie123
Yeah as others are saying, update us when you meet :biggrin: I'm in exactly the same situation but the only difference is I'm still at uni and I'll see this guy after 2 more weeks of holidays. I can't wait but I'm soo nervous at the same time.

Good luck! Don't let him get away this time

Really? How did your situation come about, like how did you let him get away?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending