The Student Room Group

TSR Indian Society - MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cupcakes87
i did! :cry2:

nope! :ninja:

Of course you did and I missed you too! :lovehug:

Original post by Yawn!
Oh, you South Indians. Your movies are undoubtedly the most dramatic of them all. :biggrin:

[video="youtube;DrJ1Jc5ETKo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrJ1Jc5ETKo[/video]

WTF is thissss! Possibly THE most dramatic South Indian scene I've ever seen!
Original post by Yawn!
Oh, you South Indians. Your movies are undoubtedly the most dramatic of them all. :biggrin:

[video="youtube;DrJ1Jc5ETKo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrJ1Jc5ETKo[/video]

I can't stop watching this :rofl:
Original post by Bridget Jones
Of course you did and I missed you too! :lovehug:

hehehe :lovehug: altho i have to say this whole site is dead compared to 2014 when we were on it loads :frown: remember robbie! :rofl:

Original post by Lord Samosa

i know :eek3:
Reply 1163
Original post by cupcakes87
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO L :rofl3:

Original post by Bridget Jones

Original post by Lord Samosa

I find it amusing that the subtitles start off saying 'Williams', but then change to 'Villiams' by the end.
Reply 1164
This is painfully accurate.

[video="youtube;URfpF92l7tg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URfpF92l7tg[/video]

Yeah.. well nuts from ALL parties do my nut in - whether they're BJP/Congress/AAP etc.

Don't have any particular liking for the Sena, but they're not unique in that respect.
Reply 1167
Original post by nucdev
Yeah.. well nuts from ALL parties do my nut in - whether they're BJP/Congress/AAP etc.

Don't have any particular liking for the Sena, but they're not unique in that respect.

True.

I'm a Modi/BJP fan. But I wish they would crack down on the fringe more.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Yawn!
True.

Just saw the edit - yeah deffo agree. BJP fan here as well, but they absolutely need to curb their own enthusiasm! lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1169
Original post by nucdev
Out of interest do you support a particular party/politician or would you consider yourself neutral?

Lol, I need to be quicker editing my posts.

Yeah, I'm a big Modi/BJP fan.

I think he/they are the best party for India's economy and development. Very excited about the initiatives and plans they have introduced. They're investing a lot of money into infrastructure (which India clearly needs) and seem to have a long term plan for India (as opposed to the likes of Congress/AAP who only want to get into office so they can enjoy the gravy train).

That said, they let themselves down by not cracking down on the fringe elements. And by allying with the like of the Shiv Sena/PDP/SAD. They should go it alone and not be dragged down by the more backward lot.
Original post by Yawn!
Lol, I need to be quicker editing my posts.

Yeah, I'm a big Modi/BJP fan.

I think he/they are the best party for India's economy and development. Very excited about the initiatives and plans they have introduced. They're investing a lot of money into infrastructure (which India clearly needs) and seem to have a long term plan for India (as opposed to the likes of Congress/AAP who only want to get into office so they can enjoy the gravy train).

That said, they let themselves down by not cracking down on the fringe elements. And by allying with the like of the Shiv Sena/PDP/SAD. They should go it alone and not be dragged down by the more backward lot.

Agreed - I'm a fan of them, but I wouldn't say I'm a "Bhakt". Some of those Bhakts are even prepared to defend the loony fringe as well, whereas I will straight up criticize even Modi himself if I think he's made a mistake.

Thing is though, they need the Sena/Akalis/PDP especially in the Rajya Sabha, so they kind of have no option but to build those alliances. Even with them, the NDA has nowhere near a majority in that house.
Reply 1171
Original post by nucdev
Agreed - I'm a fan of them, but I wouldn't say I'm a "Bhakt". Some of those Bhakts are even prepared to defend the loony fringe as well, whereas I will straight up criticize even Modi himself if I think he's made a mistake.

Thing is though, they need the Sena/Akalis/PDP especially in the Rajya Sabha, so they kind of have no option but to build those alliances. Even with them, the NDA has nowhere near a majority in that house.

Yeah, that's a shame. I like to think that if BJP win enough Assembly elections in the next two or so years, they'll get enough Rajya Sabha seats on their own to give the boot to some of their partners.
Original post by Yawn!
Yeah, that's a shame. I like to think that if BJP win enough Assembly elections in the next two or so years, they'll get enough Rajya Sabha seats on their own to give the boot to some of their partners.

Hopefully - they've got Bihar elections going on right now, though I fear the loony fringe may have cost the BJP dearly especially considering all the caste/religious equations there.

Assam next year where there's a chance for the BJP, but Kerala and West Bengal are going to be the really tough ones.

The big one will be UP in 2017 and I suspect most of the hopes for a RS majority lie there, but same problem as Bihar considering the recent attacks on Muslims.

All in all, I think they're still going to need those parties, but hopefully they'll be less reliant on them.
Any Gay Indians here?
Original post by Jaaneman Tu Mera
Any Gay Indians here?

Isn't that a bit of a problem for you considering that you're a Muslim? :tongue:
Reply 1175
Ahmedabad, Gujarat

I'm still disturbed by that toddler rape case that was on the news recently. Makes me feel sick! :frown:
Original post by Yawn!
x

Yay!
Maru Amdavad (Ahmedabad)!
Modi's Gujarat govt. and the Ahmedabad municipal corp. did a good job there.
Reply 1178
Original post by Indeterminate
I'm still disturbed by that toddler rape case that was on the news recently. Makes me feel sick! :frown:

Yeah. What's also concerning is that the two guys that did it were teenagers!

Sadly given the that not every youth in India can yet get a proper education, and thus be brought up with the right mentality, in addition to socio-economic challenges, ineffective policing and apathetic politicians, events such as these are bound to happen.

That said, at least they caught the little b*****ds. Hope they don't get let off with three years like that other s***.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1179
Original post by nucdev
Yay!
Maru Amdavad (Ahmedabad)!
Modi's Gujarat govt. and the Ahmedabad municipal corp. did a good job there.

We're gonna get every city in India on here, dammit!

Well....maybe not every city.

Yeah, some very nice infrastructure has come up there in recent years. Looks like they've got a masterplan for it.

Hope that gets replicated across India with Modi at the helm.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest