The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Anyone Currently Studying Audiology at De Montford?

Would love to hear from anyone currently studying Audiology at De Montford. How are you finding the course?

I'd be specially interested to know how the course is taught, e.g. are lectures only a certain number of days per week? And are practicals the same days or different?

Also, where are your placements? Is there flexibility to find a placement near your home or are there set hospitals in the Midlands?

Anything else you can tell us about the course and the uni would be interesting :smile:
Reply 1
Have you received an offer?

I would also be interested to know from a current student which halls would be best suited to mature students. I've read a few discussions but would like to hear something a bit more recent. Got an offer this month for Audiology. I'll be 23 in September and would prefer to be in a quieter halls if there is one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
The course has a gentle start in year one, after Xmas gets very busy. Year 2 is very intense focus audiology. Year 3 is mostly placements.

The course consists of lectures, practicals and clinical experience. What is unique is that there are volunteering opportunities and 3 dedicated audiology labs (with the latest equipment) that students have access to use when not used for teaching. They have just spent 30k on new kit for balance testing.

The have placements in most places, but not West Midlands. Students have been to Sheffield, Norwich and Devon, so a wide area. The course can do this as it is the only one that has a continuous year 3 placement, other courses split theirs.

Hope that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by advice123
The course has a gentle start in year one, after Xmas gets very busy. Year 2 is very intense focus audiology. Year 3 is mostly placements.

The course consists of lectures, practicals and clinical experience. What is unique is that there are volunteering opportunities and 3 dedicated audiology labs (with the latest equipment) that students have access to use when not used for teaching. They have just spent 30k on new kit for balance testing.

The have placements in most places, but not West Midlands. Students have been to Sheffield, Norwich and Devon, so a wide area. The course can do this as it is the only one that has a continuous year 3 placement, other courses split theirs.

Hope that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very interesting - I hadn't realised about the course structure being different. Are there any placements in the first two years?
Reply 4
At the end of year 1 there is a 2 week placement. They have an open day this Saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending