The Student Room Group

what do you do on the sims?

Is there anything to do or do you just create a person/city
doesnt it get boring ? should i get it?
You can get your sims laid as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Have kids and lock them all in a room and wait for them to starve or be taken away. Of course if someone comes to talk them away, gotta lock her in the room too. Preparation for later life you see.
Set a room on fire and lock my pregnant sim inside it.
Original post by capachino

The 'aim' of the game is to make your Sims successful. So you start off in a pretty rubbish house, can't afford good furniture and fun stuff, then you get them a job and try to build them up to a better house/furniture etc. It's pretty fun but people also do a lot of other things including:

1) using the money cheat to get a load of money, just buying the best house and filling with it awesome stuff and watching them live the life
2) getting people to hook up with each other
3) getting people to live the most miserable lives possible, i.e. not trying to build them up at all
4) killing people
5) creating yourself/friends/celebrities
6) creating your 'dream' house from scratch

Even if you get bored of doing it one way, you can then switch to doing it another way. It's pretty entertaining and addictive. Definitely get it!

P.S. the earlier versions are awesome, so don't worry you're missing out through not having the latest version if you wanna try an older, cheaper one first. They all have their own qualities.
Definitely get it!
Original post by capachino

Its the best game ever :biggrin: ...You make your characters, their homes, their stories and completely control their life... When you get bored with that family, make another and the fun starts again. Whilst most people start from the bottom and build up their sims' careers and crap, I just use cheats to make them filthy rich and build them a huge mansion before ruining their lives. Never gets old.
Word of warning, if you are to get the game you should get Sims 3. Sims 4 is awful with nothing to do and you will get bored quickly playing that game. Sims 4 is a GREAT step back in the series - like pre sims 2. EA manages to ruin all good things in the end sadly... (Sorry, this kinda turned into a rant xD)

Too bawse for you, sir.
Original post by Phichi
Have kids and lock them all in a room and wait for them to starve or be taken away. Of course if someone comes to talk them away, gotta lock her in the room too. Preparation for later life you see.

They still manage to get out the room though, they just disappear with your kid. It would seem the social worker is also a part-time magician.

Too bawse for you, sir.
Kill babies.
Reply 9
You can live vicariously through them. In other words, you can make them live your ideal life... well, at least that's what I do anyway! :rolleyes:
Original post by Asklepios
You can get your sims laid as well

My Sim has been laid more times than the average TSR user that posts in relationships under the anonymous function.
Spend ages making a couple and house, then getting them to have loads of children and dressing them in pretty outfits and making their rooms look nice, helping the children to get A+s in their homework and maxing all the skills

That's pretty much it :biggrin:
In terms of whether or not you should get it, it depends on how much work you need to do. Once you start, you wont stop
let them swim in the pool then delete the ladder
Reply 14
The first Sims series are the best to play.

I once made a large room with wooden floors and walls. Inside was nothing but a workbench to make gnomes. I made a sim work on making gnomes, but the moment he entered the room I removed the door. Trapped.
I had him making gnomes day in, day out. I deprived him of food, sleep, general living comforts. His only company were the gnomes he had made. Slowly he became the world's most skilled gnome carver but with nobody aware of his brilliance. There was but three spaces left within the room by now. A spot for him to stand in, and two spots for a firework. I placed it there for him to decide when to seal his own fate, trapped in a room with the souls he had made, a progressive advancement of beauty as their bodies were placed closer to him, but these masterpieces were all for nought. Nobody to acknowledge him, or miss him, or hear him. He was alone in his woodwork universe that he had created, and now there is nothing left to do but destroy it.

[...]

The ashes cool and the room settles with a thick fog of smoke. Nothing but dust and hot shards of metal tools are left in the room, an inferno had ended a universe, the world continues unknowing.
Original post by Pseudocode
My Sim has been laid more times than the average TSR user that posts in relationships under the anonymous function.

Dat "play in bed"

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm completely addicted to the Sims. I love making Sims and building crazy houses for them. Sims generally have much more exciting lives than people- for example, one of my Sims was a vampire for a while, persuaded the Grim Reaper to bring one of his friends back from the dead and had sex with his professor 5 times in the hot tub (she then got out of the hot tub, passed out on the floor and stayed there for a while).
I always use the money cheat even though it ruins the fun. Pre-cheat you could have them living on pizza and sitting in a house with only a couch and a cludgie then try and get their moods high enough to get a promotion so they could afford a burglar alarm.

It's a shocker when you've gone away and forgot to pause for a few hours. Return to see dad has gone insane, mum has pished her self and the children have starved to death....

Quick Reply

Latest