The Student Room Group

fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu help

So I'm a guy and my Chinese flatmate has obviously had a crush on me since the start of term. Today she asked me to go to the city and I thought she just wanted to hang out with someone since all our other flatmates are gone. Then we went to have tea and it was the most awkward tea session ever since I knew she obviously liked me. She finally said "would you consider to be my boyfriend" and I tried to explain to her why I don't want to date my flatmates but she doesn't understand and she said she thinks I'm making excuses. I really don't want to date her because 1. she's my flatmate and 2. I have to repeat everything I say like 3 times because her english is ****. Now I've got like 8 months of awkwardness ahead of me til I graduate...help.
I know I shouldn't laugh but the way you wrote that!! omg I am crying laughing right now! Thank you for making my day sir!
Ahh **** you're in a flat with her....time to pull the there's someone else I'm seeing line.
Well ask yourself this, would you date her if she was your classmate and not a flatmate. The other question is do you like her. Being with someone is a two way process, not one way. If you don't like her in that way, then let her know that
Wow I really admire her to have the guts to do that

We Chinese people like to play the hard way

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm a guy and my Chinese flatmate has obviously had a crush on me since the start of term. Today she asked me to go to the city and I thought she just wanted to hang out with someone since all our other flatmates are gone. Then we went to have tea and it was the most awkward tea session ever since I knew she obviously liked me. She finally said "would you consider to be my boyfriend" and I tried to explain to her why I don't want to date my flatmates but she doesn't understand and she said she thinks I'm making excuses. I really don't want to date her because 1. she's my flatmate and 2. I have to repeat everything I say like 3 times because her english is ****. Now I've got like 8 months of awkwardness ahead of me til I graduate...help.

We need pictures to help us assess the situation.
Original post by Tbx
We need pictures to help us assess the situation.

This

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol! Just tell her you're taken 😂
Reply 8
Unfortunately I can't tell her I'm taken because she asked me if I had a girlfriend before she asked me out. I said no I didn't...sigh. I've been trying to move out of this place for like 2 months with no takers. I'm in a prison of awkwardness. Haha now I feel bad for rejecting her. I never meet women "normally" but of course of all the people in this town my flatmate has to be the one with a crush on me.

Aww, poor girl :frown:
Offer an open relationship. It's nice to have options.
Interesting dilemma, its already awkward now so you might as well **** her. She might take it the wrong way and think your a perverted bastard and then leave u alone.

Bonus either way
She apparently wrote in her diary that she wanted to be my girlfriend and she said today's "date" was a "precious memory." fml
She apparently wrote in her diary that she wanted to be my girlfriend and she said today's "date" was a "precious memory." fml

Next date now has high expectations after the precious memory of the first..(sorry dude, couldn't help myself! Haha)
You could teach her English
I cant help but find this funny :') Mate you've really found yourself in an intresting dilemma. Can't help but feel for the girl though, I mean she clearly really likes you and she must've mustured a lot of courage to finally ask you. I dont think you should let the fact she's your flatmate be a reason in not dating her. If she's someone you wouldn't want to be with even if she wasn't your flatmate then fair enough man. Go easy on her, can't help but feel sorry for her!

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg that's so cute :3, hope you all find love eventually
Reply 17
I find your precarious situation amusing.
say ur gay? sorry OP i have no idea :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending