The Student Room Group

What do you guys make of this girl?

My female friend has a bf (LDR).

She said to me, even though she has a bf, people still want her, chase her, etc.

I say, if u have a bf already, it's not good to do that?

And then she said this metaphor:

When u are playing football, and u got the ball but there is a goalkeeper in front of the goal, u r still gonna try to score ini? So it's like that. I have a bf, but we r not engaged or married so other boys can still try.

Wow that was unexpected. What do u think of that? Her thinking I mean?

She hasn't cheated on her bf or anything but she does get a lot of attention from other guys and I know she likes it, it makes her feel special, like she's a queen.

She is my friend at the end of the day. But I'm surprised by what she said. What do you guys make of it?
Reply 1
She cant control how guys approach her, if it flatters her to have attention and shes not actually acting upon it then whats the issue?
Meh, it's nice to feel attractive to others and people must miss that in a relationship. I don't see the problem.
Nothing wrong with it at all, I imagine young people of both genders take a similar approach. I know I do
Reply 4
If she's not cheating then there isn't an issue. Both genders give each other attention and there is nothing wrong with looking.
Original post by ArtGoblin
Meh, it's nice to feel attractive to others and people must miss that in a relationship. I don't see the problem.

The problem you failed to see was that she's inviting guys to try and hit on her and once a fit lad comes on his way, she will cheat.
If they both understand the parameters of the relationship then it's fine, however if her boyfriend is head over heels in love with her and believes she is fully committed then it is totally wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing wrong with it at all..
Reply 8
Original post by inachigeek21
Nothing wrong with it at all..

Disagree :- It's immoral!

Her intentions aren't good/ clear

There's a potential to hurt someone or herself by her own nature, poor situation.
(edited 9 years ago)
If she knows she'll never cheat and her boyfriend trusts her and doesn't mind then I suppose its ok. Some people are naturally flirty.

What worries me is you said she said other men can try. That's basically saying that if another guy comes along who she fancies and gets on with then she might cheat. It sounds like she is just staying with him until someone better comes along.
Its natural to enjoy attention from the opposite sex. However it seems like she's inviting it. If she's with someone and she gets attention or someone chatting her up she should make it clear she's not interested/has a bf which she doesn't seem to be doing...

Posted from TSR Mobile
can someone explain the metaphor? who is the ball?
Original post by anonymouspie227
can someone explain the metaphor? who is the ball?

:biggrin: That really made me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Poor lad. Bloody hell, relationships aren't a game football.

It is nice to get a bit of attention from the other sex, but when you are in a relationship you shouldn't entertain such things.
Reply 14
Original post by believeteam22

She hasn't cheated on her bf or anything but she does get a lot of attention from other guys and I know she likes it, it makes her feel special, like she's a queen.

Maybe she has self esteem issues? She may feel the need of validation from other men to make her feel special and good. You mention she is in a LDR so she may not be receiving the amount of attention she would like from her boyfriend, and so she goes and gets it from other men.

This situation does have potential to escalate into cheating. But as long as she isn't, then I guess the only harm that is being caused is to herself; that she can't find other healthier ways to boost her self esteem long term.

I'm in a relationship and don't go looking for sexual attention from others. It actually makes my skin crawl slightly when I get looked at cheaply from the opposite sex, because I cannot see anyone other than my boyfriend in that way. He's the only one for me.

Quick Reply