The Student Room Group

The Benedict Cumberbatch Thread

This is the thread to gossip and discuss any news about the actor.

I'm going to start with this bombshell:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/548061/Benedict-Cumberbatch-Sophie-Hunter-move-LA-mansion-Hidden-Hills

if he ends up moving to some secluded mansion in LA I'm going to be really disappointed. I have him so nearby :frown: and I remember him saying before he wouldn't move to America. but now of course he's under Sophie's thumb so she might change his mind.

anyone coming on here to hate on me or on Cumberbatch can **** off. only friendly posts and interesting news are welcome.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful in regards of your thread.

But why?:confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jameel.8
I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful of you thread.

But why?:confused:

why what?
there used to be a forum on here dedicated for celebrities but I cant find it.
Reply 3
Original post by sherlockfan
why what?

Bu...Bu..But his just one man?

Why dedicate a thread to one human being?:sigh:
Reply 4
why what?

I'm not trying to be rude.:grin:.

Are you Male or Female?:curious:
Bu...Bu..But his just one man?

Why dedicate a thread to one human being?:sigh:

I guess the same reason why entire articles are written about him?

I really don't know how to answer that.
I'm not trying to be rude.:grin:.

Are you Male or Female?:curious:

Female why?
Reply 7
Female why?

Do you seriously fancy him?:laugh:

Or is it his personality that attracted you to him?
Do you seriously fancy him?:laugh:

Or is it his personality that attracted you to him?

I'm sorry, are those two different questions? it seems like youre asking me the same question in two sentences.

I do like him a lot but ive become a bit disillusioned with him lately. I would like him more if he was slightly less famous and slightly more approachable. kind of disproves what people say, that I'm only attracted to him because he's famous. it's not true.

but this thread isn't about me.
Reply 9
I'm sorry, are those two different questions? it seems like youre asking me the same question in two sentences.

I do like him a lot but ive become a bit disillusioned with him lately. I would like him more if he was slightly less famous and slightly more approachable. kind of disproves what people say, that I'm only attracted to him because he's famous. it's not true.

Yes they are different sets of questions.:yes:
One is asking if you like him based on his looks.
And the second on his personality.

But I placed a question mark because both statements are in fact questions but considering they are in the same context.

:lolwut:
Do you know him personally?
You said if he was slightly less famous
Which is giving me the indication that you might know him.
Yes they are different sets of questions.:yes:
One is asking if you like him based on his looks.
And the second on his personality.

But I placed a question mark because both statements are in fact questions but considering they are in the same context.

:lolwut:
Do you know him personally?
You said if he was slightly less famous
Which is giving me the indication that you might know him.

Can I not like him for both??
I don't know him personally. but I used to like him better when he was just a jobbing actor getting small but good parts. this new Hollywood version of him I'm not so keen on:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2872812/GIRL-TOWN-Benedict-Cumberbatch-s-55-pot-face-cream-addiction.html

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/556390/omg-benedict-cumberbatch-s-engagement-ring-cost-how-much

he's become a diva. I like a man who stays true to his principles no matter how successful he gets and doesn't go out and buy a £300,000 diamond engagement ring for a marriage that will probably last 5 years.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Can I not like him for both??
I don't know him personally. but I used to like him better when he was just a jobbing actor getting small but good parts. this new Hollywood version of him I'm not so keen on:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2872812/GIRL-TOWN-Benedict-Cumberbatch-s-55-pot-face-cream-addiction.html

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/556390/omg-benedict-cumberbatch-s-engagement-ring-cost-how-much

he's become a diva. I like a man who stays true to his principles no matter how successful he gets and doesn't go out and buy a £300,000 diamond engagement ring for a marriage that will probably last 5 years.

You're obsessed I'm speaking to a stalker.:erm:

Does he even know you exist?
You're obsessed I'm speaking to a stalker.:erm:

Does he even know you exist?

Listen. if youre not interested in him or his work and aren't going to contribute anything new to the thread then you can leave. This is exactly the kind of thing I didn't want. This thread is only for his followers and fans.
(edited 9 years ago)
I had never heard of this chap until he announced he was getting married. I have no idea what he looks like or what programs/films hes been in.

Balls to celebrity culture.
Reply 14
Listen. if youre not interested in him or his work and aren't going to contribute anything new to the thread then you can leave. This is exactly the kind of thing I didn't want.

Ok I apologise :puppyeyes:

I never meant to upset you.:grin:

Look you have to understand you can't judge him
based on his personal life choices

If he wishes to spend three hundred thousand £ on a ring then so be it
Everyone in life makes mistakes.:wink2:

Don't you agree?:grin:
Original post by And then...
I had never heard of this chap until he announced he was getting married. I have no idea what he looks like or what programs/films hes been in.

Balls to celebrity culture.

watch BBC's Sherlock. he's done plenty of fantastic work and its not hard to research in the age of the internet.

What has made you the most disillusioned?
Original post by TheWaffle
What has made you the most disillusioned?

a lot of things, his engagement included. it just looks like the most elaborate set-up. kind of like a marriage for convenience. meh.
the fact that Hollywood has to take away with them another one of our talented British actors.
(edited 9 years ago)
a lot of things, his engagement included. it just looks like the most elaborate set-up. kind of like a marriage for convenience. meh.

It may seem that way to you but they could just as well be madly in love and super excited about getting married :biggrin:
Original post by TheWaffle
It may seem that way to you but they could just as well be madly in love and super excited about getting married :biggrin:

yes, they look soo happy in the press pictures :rolleyes: not. I'm beginning to wonder if she has any teeth, she has such a tight lipped grin.

Quick Reply