The Student Room Group

Dating person who like anime?

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't care tbh :tongue:
Reply 41
Original post by Kallisto
Right. Just to talk about animes are getting boring from time to time - mangas are another interesting topics to discuss. :tongue:

XD As much as talking about anime and manga sounds like fun, I was thinking more along the lines of sharing other hobbies. Like playing the piano or painting.
Reply 42
Original post by jruru
XD As much as talking about anime and manga sounds like fun, I was thinking more along the lines of sharing other hobbies. Like playing the piano or painting.

I think a lot of us guys would be limited to finger painting... good luck in your search!

Edit: Eurgh just realised what that sounds like.... :doh:
Original post by jruru

Painting sounds fun, piano bad. I am an unmusical person. What about literature? especially non-British one?
Not into Weaboos tbh.
What's wrong with liking anime?
I'd date a person that likes anime!:clap2:
Original post by Erebusaur
What's wrong with liking anime?

Some are horrible, some average, some good, some awesome. Liking anime is a matter of taste. And from this point of view 'wrong' is subjective. :wink:
Some are horrible, some average, some good, some awesome. Liking anime is a matter of taste. And from this point of view 'wrong' is subjective. :wink:

I don't see how what somebody watches has any bearing on whether you'd make a relationship with them or not. If somebody is really into cooking shows, which I'm not at all, that's not going to be high on my criteria list for deciding whether I should date them.
Original post by Erebusaur
I don't see how what somebody watches has any bearing on whether you'd make a relationship with them or not. If somebody is really into cooking shows, which I'm not at all, that's not going to be high on my criteria list for deciding whether I should date them.

Right, absolutely right. I am sure that many people have watched animes whithout to know that. There are even some good anime films, Spirited away, to name an one. That is why I cannot understand that there are some people who regard animes as childish.
Right, absolutely right. I am sure that many people have watched animes whithout to know that. There are even some good anime films, Spirited away, to name an one. That is why I cannot understand that there are some people who regard animes as childish.

Well, there's quite a lot of really serious and intelligent anime. But obviously, most have the fight scenes, the over-the-top dialogue and other elements. However, there are plenty of non-animated shows that you could judge somebody on, such as Geordie Shore, The Only Way Is Essex, Made In Chelsea or any of that brainless rubbish. Even though that's my opinion, I wouldn't judge someone because of that. I myself watch Take Me Out, which I know doesn't exactly paint a good picture of me. It simply doesn't matter to me what somebody watches so long as it's not really disturbing somehow.
Reply 52
Not sure. There's nothing wrong with having a hobby, but those kinds of people that immerse themselves into it to the extent that they think they're an anime character and try to act Japanese just piss me off. I'm not a fan of weaboos.
Reply 53
Original post by Ndella
Not sure. There's nothing wrong with having a hobby, but those kinds of people that immerse themselves into it to the extent that they think they're an anime character and try to act Japanese just piss me off. I'm not a fan of weaboos.

What Weaboos???
It would be a turn on
I watch anime myself so yes I would date although it depends on if they're super otaku then no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not recommended, you can die by hand swallow.
Reply 57
Original post by shazam1994
What Weaboos???

Weaboos are anyone from the western world who are obsessed with everything and anything Japanese to the extent of thinking they're Japanese. So most of the time, they think they're in an anime episode 24/7.
Reply 58
Original post by Ndella
Weaboos are anyone from the western world who are obsessed with everything and anything Japanese to the extent of thinking they're Japanese. So most of the time, they think they're in an anime episode 24/7.

Basically they are like bronies.
Reply 59
Original post by shazam1994
Basically they are like bronies.

Yeah pretty much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending