The Student Room Group

Will Greggs pay early for Christmas?

The reason why I ask is we get paid on a Thursday which is Christmas day. I'm probably about a month in and a weekend worker. I wanted to ask my manager but she's a bit of a tough cookie and i got put of as she's a bit hard to read...does anyone know if they'll pay on the Wednesday instead?
Reply 1
Christmas is a public holiday, so I don't think the banks are open to pay you. I'd presume Greggs will just pay you on Christmas eve, but don't quote me on that.

Btw, how come no guys ever work at Greggs? :lol:
Reply 2
Original post by Swanbow
Christmas is a public holiday, so I don't think the banks are open to pay you. I'd presume Greggs will just pay you on Christmas eve, but don't quote me on that.

Btw, how come no guys ever work at Greggs? :lol:

Thanks, at my store the assistant manager is a guy, our team leader is and a new boy just started yesterday, but it is strange though lol. Not a lot...guess Greggs doesn't appeal to them
Reply 3
Original post by maggiex3utd
Thanks, at my store the assistant manager is a guy, our team leader is and a new boy just started yesterday, but it is strange though lol. Not a lot...guess Greggs doesn't appeal to them

I guess it musn't, don't think I could resist being around all those pies all day long haha. Was just curious that I'd never seen a guy working at Greggs before.
Reply 4
Original post by Swanbow
I guess it musn't, don't think I could resist being around all those pies all day long haha. Was just curious that I'd never seen a guy working at Greggs before.

Haha...you could. By the second week the pies didn't appeal to me anymore.
You know, when people have a question about their pay they generally ask their HR department, not a forum full of students...
Reply 6
Original post by WeedCanKill
You know, when people have a question about their pay they generally ask their HR department, not a forum full of students...

You know if you have a smart ass answer, you don't have to reply...this is a forum where I can ask such things and I felt the need to. Didn't intend for your reply back.
You know if you have a smart ass answer, you don't have to reply...this is a forum where I can ask such things and I felt the need to. Didn't intend for your reply back.

Chill your sass Beyonce
Reply 8
Original post by WeedCanKill

Yet WeedCanKill is 100% correct as the HR Dept of any company will actually know the answer instead of someone on the internet who claims to work at the same company.

Quick Reply