The Student Room Group

Should I leave or stay??

Okay, so I'm in yr 11 and I REALLYYY wanna move to another school for my A-Levels, however the sixth form college I want to go to is quite far, however by train it is quicker and they do offer bursaries for travel. Also, I really wanna be in a new environment and make brand new friends.

However, many people (friends, family and teachers) are advising me to stay because I'm familiar with the pupils and teachers and because it's a bit closer. Both points are quite convincing but I still really wanna move!

What do u guys think? Should I just stay at my school's sixth form because it is easier or should I leave, eventhough the other sixth form is quite far??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Do what you want to do. If you ask people from your school they are biased so would only want you to stay. If you want to go to a better school which is far away do it! In the end it's the grades that matter:yy::wink::yes::yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by diana99
Do what you want to do. If you ask people from your school they are biased so would only want you to stay. If you want to go to a better school which is far away do it! In the end it's the grades that matter:yy::wink::yes::yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank youuu :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by DeeXiomara

No problem; just do what you want to do (I'm in the same situation as you are ):yep::yep::yep::yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by diana99
No problem; just do what you want to do (I'm in the same situation as you are ):yep::yep::yep::yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you in year 11 aswell??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yeah I'm in year 11. Got lots of revision to do this Christmas :smile::smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by diana99
Yeah I'm in year 11. Got lots of revision to do this Christmas :smile::smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol me too :frown::frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
You'll be fine:yep::smile:
The only thing you shouldn't do is procrastinate :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by diana99
You'll be fine:yep::smile:
The only thing you shouldn't do is procrastinate :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the one thing I do the most lol :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by DeeXiomara
That's the one thing I do the most lol :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you feel like procrastinating think about what motivates you:yep::yep::smile::smile:. Do u know what motivates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by diana99
When you feel like procrastinating think about what motivates you:yep::yep::smile::smile:. Do u know what motivates?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm that's a good idea! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Outweigh the benefits of going to both and the negatives.

Try speaking to current Sixthform students at the new school and see what you can find out?

Either way you'll be fine!

I wanted to leave but I ended up staying and I can say in quite happy. They have us more freedom then before and I know all the teachers so I didn't have to adapt but I would have loved a new environment and friends but oh well!

Goodluck in your choices :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending