The Student Room Group

is just me?

I remember when I was applying for uni does anyone else feel a kind of excitement or anticipation of things to come in the air around you and your mates kind of a yeah I'm going to uni type of feeling?
Well I sent off my application a few weeks ago so I'm just waiting for offers and attending interviews.

And id say yes, you feel excited and grown up but I suppose it's also scary because I may have to fend for myself and I can't cook to save my life :frown:
Original post by Juday
Well I sent off my application a few weeks ago so I'm just waiting for offers and attending interviews.

And id say yes, you feel excited and grown up but I suppose it's also scary because I may have to fend for myself and I can't cook to save my life :frown:

you could probably learn I mean you've got 9 months until next September.
I feel kinda bored now that I've gotten all my offers lol. I loved the feeling of getting a new offer and the anticipation of getting another.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jonathanemptage
you could probably learn I mean you've got 9 months until next September.

I suppose but do I trust myself to cook meat? Probably not haha
Original post by Juday
I suppose but do I trust myself to cook meat? Probably not haha
Try red meat first the it won't matter too much if it's under cooked you can just say you did it blue.
Try red meat first the it won't matter too much if it's under cooked you can just say you did it blue.

LOOL considering I'm a blonde that will work for me :wink: thanks
Original post by Juday
LOOL considering I'm a blonde that will work for me :wink: thanks

Also burned bacon is really tasty
I love baking and cooking, yeah sure I can cook some simple dishes (pasta and curries etc) but I hope to get some more recipes and practice cooking them before next year! I'm soo excited now I just can't wait!
Also burned bacon is really tasty

Are you trying to kill me? :wink:
Original post by Jamie_11_x
I love baking and cooking, yeah sure I can cook some simple dishes (pasta and curries etc) but I hope to get some more recipes and practice cooking them before next year! I'm soo excited now I just can't wait!

Live with me please? I can make pasta.. And toast.. :')
Reply 11
Original post by Juday

You should learn now. If you are careful, you might be able to persuade your parents to buy the food so it won't matter too much if it goes wrong. When you are actually at uni you will have limited funds so will have to eat it whether it is nice or not!

Jamie Oliver's "ministry of food" is a great book for beginners.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
You should learn now. If you are careful, you might be able to persuade your parents to buy the food so it won't matter too much if it goes wrong. When you are actually at uni you will have limited funds so will have to eat it whether it is nice or not!

Jamie Oliver's "ministry of food" is a great book for beginners.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I know! My mum always tells me she will but she never does :frown: I'll try start after my exams because I'll have about 3 months woo!

Thanks I'll check it out :smile:
For me, the feeling is long overdue. I'm still on a high from receiving an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending