The Student Room Group

Where career should I go in with my ALevels?

Computer Science
French, Maths
And Geology?

Possible career ive look are

Economics
Computer Science
Petroleum Engineering

I want to work at a job that pays good money and is enjoyable?
Original post by naxiv
Computer Science
French, Maths
And Geology?

Possible career ive look are

Economics
Computer Science
Petroleum Engineering

I want to work at a job that pays good money and is enjoyable?

Don't you have to take Physics for Petroleum Engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
finance, work with all the money, earn all the money
Original post by Edminzodo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope! Maths and Geology is enough for most places I know. Not that I'd encourage anyone to go into Petroleum Engineering.
Reply 4
Original post by Chlorophile
Nope! Maths and Geology is enough for most places I know. Not that I'd encourage anyone to go into Petroleum Engineering.

Hey, what about other possible routes?
Original post by naxiv
Hey, what about other possible routes?

Apart from the routes you mentioned, you could go into Geology (way better than Petroleum Geoscience anyway) and possibly Maths? It's a pretty odd combination of subjects to be honest.
Reply 6
Original post by Edminzodo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, for Manchester and all Manchester's Engineering courses except from Chemical, they state of physics is not taken, Mechanics modules in Maths should be taken.
Original post by naxiv
Nope, for Manchester and all Manchester's Engineering courses except from Chemical, they state of physics is not taken, Mechanics modules in Maths should be taken.

For Petroleum Engineering, it doesn't even mention physics. It just says Maths and another science.
Reply 8
Apart from the routes you mentioned, you could go into Geology (way better than Petroleum Geoscience anyway) and possibly Maths? It's a pretty odd combination of subjects to be honest.

I know some places offer AAA etc inc. Maths, but won't I struggle without FM?
Original post by naxiv
I know some places offer AAA etc inc. Maths, but won't I struggle without FM?

For Maths? Yes you would if you're applying to top universities but it's still technically possible.
Reply 10
For Maths? Yes you would if you're applying to top universities but it's still technically possible.

Thanks because some of my friends who want to do Maths at Uni, who are doing FM, are stuggling tremendously, like U's. They tell me that FM is hard and it scares me because we all have A/A*'s at GCSE Maths (which means nothing)
Reply 11
Original post by Flather
finance, work with all the money, earn all the money

'Finance'. Can Economics and other career paths lead me there?
Original post by naxiv
'Finance'. Can Economics and other career paths lead me there?

Most companies that work in finance will take most degrees but economics, maths and law are all pretty common ones

Quick Reply

Latest