The Student Room Group

Would you datesomeone who does drugs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teuta.H
How can you compare drugs to hair colour :confused:
Honestly I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, things can get out of hand with drugs

So can alcohol. Ie alcoholics. So would you never date a drinker therefore?

Original post by anonymouspie227
No, although I think some drugs should be legalised etc- I wouldn't want to associate with someone who is a drug taker.

Same question as above? If not, why's alcohol fine but any other drug unacceptable?
Original post by iama
Nooooooo.

babe this is something you will have to get used to
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
No I wouldn't. Because there is always the chance that a habit can become a problem.

1) what if it's not even a habit, just something they do now and again?
2) would you not date someone who drinks, or drinks regularly, as the habit can become a problem?
Yes
Original post by Infan2a
Sure if it's not weed/heroin/coke and not an addiction

Completely out of curiosity, why not weed?
Reply 45
Original post by joker12345
Completely out of curiosity, why not weed?

I just don't really people smoking around me, I can't really talk since I've smoked plenty of it but I'd rather not have a girl come round and hotbox my room...
I would, I've taken all sorts of drugs on nights out, don't see the problem my self.
Definite no from me, HUGE turn off...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by white boy
babe this is something you will have to get used to

Why, babe, are you this kinda man? ;-; Don't break my heart like that
you're in university, people want a great time which drugs can provide and enhance the night out to be better. Yes I would date someone who did drugs at this age, just once we've matured out probably, then no.
I would rather be alone for life.
Original post by iama
Why, babe, are you this kinda man? ;-; Don't break my heart like that

i take a lot of paracetamol is all..

Original post by meenu89
I would rather be alone for life.

are you unavailable to me as well because of my drug habit?
Original post by catsis
No. If he can't take care of himself, he can't take care of me. Plus I've never seen people in that kind of situation who made their relationship work. It always turns out that the guy spends more money on drugs than buying Valentine's day presents or paying for a train ticket to go see his lady, etc.

And why exactly do you assume he can't take care of himself?
Original post by Teuta.H
How can you compare drugs to hair colour :confused:
Honestly I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, things can get out of hand with drugs

I totally agree
I don't really understand how somebody could say they wouldn't date somebody who takes mdma on a night out but would date somebody who drinks. They have the exact same purpose. It just doesn't make any sense.
I would happily date someone who does/likes drugs but not an addict. And the double standards regarding alcohol and other drugs on here is an absolute joke.
Original post by joker12345
I would happily date someone who does/likes drugs but not an addict. And the double standards regarding alcohol and other drugs on here is an absolute joke.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2981487

strong everything

Why have you challenged half the people ITT who said no?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 57
Yes, but it would depend on the drugs and how often they take them. More than a couple times a week and I'd start to feel uncomfortable
Original post by Morrisseya
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2981487

strong everything

Why have you challenged half the people ITT who said no?

I really have no idea what my thread has to do with my post here?
Only those with either misconceptions or double standards, and because I'm intrigued at how people can hold such contradictory opinions.
Drugs or cigarettes are deal-breakers for me.

Quick Reply