The Student Room Group

AS level physics

Guys I'm struggling with AS physics and when I try to teach myself from the book it's such a struggle. I'm doing AQA a physics what's the best learning material I can get in the form of textbook/revision book wise???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by tiengoku
Guys I'm struggling with AS physics and when I try to teach myself from the book it's such a struggle. I'm doing AQA a physics what's the best learning material I can get in the form of textbook/revision book wise???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Learn from the book and lessons, when you don't understand something, ask your teacher?
Reply 2
Thing is my teachers aren't that good and it literally takes so much effort for me just to get a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should.. have taken Edexcel.
Reply 4
are the cgp student books any good?
Some are, the one I have (which is titled AS & A2 Physics, Exam Board: AQA A) is far more useful and informative than the textbook provided in school. Personally, along with my teacher's valued opinion, the current textbook has to be the worst book endorsed by AQA in some elements it is too brief and occasionally misses things out all together. Also another book worth getting your hands on is Practice in Physics: Fourth Edition, it is full of practical knowledge and questions which stretch you. They worked for me as this year I started with a D and now I'm comfortably at A so definitely worth considering!
Reply 6
Is the second one necessary?
Is the second one necessary?
not so much but I find it good for answering questions and applying what i've learnt from textbooks, it's just more convenient than past papers that's all really :smile:
The only text book i had for AS was the AQA Nelson Thornes book. It was okay but sometimes confused me. I've purchased the Roger Muncaster book previously mentioned for A2. My teacher would sometimes photocopy pages from it for AS and I found it to be really useful.

getrevising will be your saviour. Google it, sign up and use it. It's completely free and has resources for every subject in a variety of formats and t has an organiser and planner and it's just brilliant.

Scool revision is good too. A lot of people have said they don't particularly like it but I do. It like, lays things out simply and then you can go read the book and understand it.

Physicsandmathstutor is amazing too. I only recently discovered this website and I wish I had it during AS.

And issues with the first three chapters of AS come to me!!! It's a thing of beauty. I love unit one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by eilish1903
The only text book i had for AS was the AQA Nelson Thornes book. It was okay but sometimes confused me. I've purchased the Roger Muncaster book previously mentioned for A2. My teacher would sometimes photocopy pages from it for AS and I found it to be really useful.

getrevising will be your saviour. Google it, sign up and use it. It's completely free and has resources for every subject in a variety of formats and t has an organiser and planner and it's just brilliant.

Scool revision is good too. A lot of people have said they don't particularly like it but I do. It like, lays things out simply and then you can go read the book and understand it.

Physicsandmathstutor is amazing too. I only recently discovered this website and I wish I had it during AS.

And issues with the first three chapters of AS come to me!!! It's a thing of beauty. I love unit one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a head of physics and have made revision videos for my students that may be helpful to you. See the links in my profile/signature.
Original post by mrcowentweets
I'm a head of physics and have made revision videos for my students that may be helpful to you. See the links in my profile/signature.

Omg thanks!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there can anyone help me with this question? I'd be so grateful for any help thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used these and they were pretty good
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Student-Support-Materials-AQA-Electricity/dp/0007343833/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1419769058&sr=8-4&keywords=aqa+as+physics
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Student-Support-Materials-AQA-Mechanics/dp/0007343841/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1419769058&sr=8-5&keywords=aqa+as+physics
Reply 13
If you become a member of the IoP (institute of Physics), which is free for students, you have access to a whole load of lesson plans. Otherwise, CGP books, past papers and TSR.
Reply 14
Original post by Heisenberg___
Hi there can anyone help me with this question? I'd be so grateful for any help thanks!

Make a separate thread. And take moments about B, you should get one equation which is very easy to solve.
Sorry to but in - anyone who did Math AS, Phys, Econ, Graphics AS - two years ago? Please notify me.

Quick Reply

Latest