The Student Room Group

friend is dating guy 10 years older, help!!!

my friend is dating a guy who is 28 and she is 19 she needs help and I want to tell her to dump him but she wont listen so what should i do???

Scroll to see replies

What does it have to do with you?
Reply 2
Let her. It's not your business unless he is treating her badly.
Reply 3
Why does she need help?
Reply 5
But the age gap is way too big and her parents would literally kill her if they knew and I am the scape goat for said dates, I don't want to lie to her parents because they are like parents to me so it wouldn't be fair
Reply 6

no :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by channies
no :biggrin:

Whats wrong with him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Erm, is he treating her badly? Is she particularly vulnerable for some reason?

If so, talk to her about it, or if you don't think she'll listen to her, then perhaps speak to her parents, or someone else who can support her.

If not, leave her alone and stop being prejudiced. I met my boyfriend when I was 17 and he was 29, we are ideally matched and still very happily together four years later. Age isn't an issue.
Reply 9
Original post by Plumstone
Erm, is he treating her badly? Is she particularly vulnerable for some reason?

If so, talk to her about it, or if you don't think she'll listen to her, then perhaps speak to her parents, or someone else who can support her.

If not, leave her alone and stop being prejudiced. I met my boyfriend when I was 17 and he was 29, we are ideally matched and still very happily together four years later. Age isn't an issue.

I'm not being prejudiced it's just I care for my friend and I think that he's too old for her and she shouldn't lie to her parents when they give her everything
And what relevance does age have to do if she likes the guy or not? Why are you involved in her business anyway?
She's old enough to make her own decisions

Posted from TSR Mobile
my friend is dating a guy who is 28 and she is 19 she needs help and I want to tell her to dump him but she wont listen so what should i do???

Mind your own business
Reply 13
Original post by Stefano93
And what relevance does age have to do if she likes the guy or not? Why are you involved in her business anyway?

I'm involved because I am the scape goat, she pretends that she is at mine when she is with him and his kids and I'm tired of having to lie
I'm not being prejudiced it's just I care for my friend and I think that he's too old for her and she shouldn't lie to her parents when they give her everything

Your parts in bold contradict each other.

Who are you to decide what age partner she chooses as an adult herself? If her parents won't be happy then that's her own tough ****, if you're bothered about lying for her then stop doing it, but deliberately trying to get her to split up with a partner she sounds happy with is out of order tbh.
Reply 15
When you really love someone age, distance, height, weight is just a damn number
Reply 16
Original post by moonkatt
Your parts in bold contradict each other.

Who are you to decide what age partner she chooses as an adult herself? If her parents won't be happy then that's her own tough ****, if you're bothered about lying for her then stop doing it, but deliberately trying to get her to split up with a partner she sounds happy with is out of order tbh.

I'm only trying to help her though

Fair enough about the lying - I can understand that it must make things awkward for you if you have to lie for her and I agree that it's not very mature for her to be keeping it secret from her parents.

From your point of view, I would say it's best if you just tell her that you're not comfortable lying for her and that you won't do it any more - the next time someone asks, you'll tell them them the truth. After that, it's not really your problem?
If they are happy with each other then why not leave them be? it is not like he is 50.
Reply 19
Once I was in a similar situation but my friend was 15 and was dating a 20 year old. I tried to get her to break up with him but she wouldn't so I told her mum

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest